Saw Uncut Edition coming

Discussion in 'General' started by Mattster, Jul 19, 2005.

1. Paul0889

Paul0889 New Member

i dunno why the uncut version wasn't released first on dvd to begin with. its not all that different from the theatrical version. a waste of discs if u ask me

2. marcx

marcx Active Member

I really dug SAw! I just thougfht the atmosphere was great..and made up for some uneven acting and plotting. Plus it scared the shit out of my wife!

I have the uncut Brittish disc, but honestly Im a little dissapointed with that discs picture quality so thers a chance I might double dip....

3. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

This is the main reason why I waited to buy this. I still haven't seen this yet and I hear that its so bad its good but I knew that sooner or later it would be released in a fuller cut. I can't wait to get this uncut.

4. Paul0889

Paul0889 New Member

the only difference that i remember in the uncut version is there are just 2 or 3 extra QUICK shots of amanda sifting through the intestines

5. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

I know I'll get this since its uncut. I've kind of gotten off the craze of re-buying DVDs just for a new SE, unless its a new cut of the film. Even if its another 30 seconds of gore, for a gorehound like me its worth it. I would just also hope they include some more features. I heard the original short film is going to be on there. That could be pretty sweet.

6. tobaccoman

tobaccoman White, Proud, and Stupid

Well, Davisdvd.com has posted the full specs for the upcoming release:

Full details have arrived from Lions Gate Home Entertainment for their Saw: Uncut Edition, now due on October 18th. This two-disc set will include a new extended cut of the film in anamorphic widescreen, Dolby Digital EX and DTS-ES tracks, two audio commentaries, the new "Full Disclosure: Investigating Jigsaw" featurette, the original short film used to pitch the film, "Jigsaw's Worskhop" DVD-ROM feature, animated storyboards, an on-set preview of "Saw II" and trailers. Retail will be $26.98.

I'm passing anyway since I didn't really like the movie all that much and I already got the previously released disc used for $5. I just gotta wonder if this "new" extended cut is the same as the uncut foreign release. If so, that's not really "new", now is it.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2005
  7. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

i guess they are starting to they already just released american psycho unrated special edition dvd
    and they will probably release an unrated version of devil's rejects now only if they were to release the long rumored extended unrated cut of house of 1000 corpses damn it

8. tobaccoman

tobaccoman White, Proud, and Stupid

I wouldn't expect them to release an unrated version of The Devil's Rejects right off the bat. You just know they'll force a double-dip. However, I wouldn't put them past releasing an unrated cut of House Of 1,000 Corpses around the same time as this is released. For some reason though, I feel like they'll wait for about two more years before releasing both unrated around the same time. You just know more copies of HO1000C will sell when The Devil's Rejects comes out.

Anyways, back to Saw...

9. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Can't wait...

[​IMG]