RUMORED MGM Fall '05 Horror Line-Up

Discussion in 'General' started by WesReviews, Jun 14, 2005.

1. Mattster

Mattster Guest

The artwork and text on the ad list refer to it under the "Your Sister is a Werewolf" subtitle. I wouldn't really count on it being uncut.

2. SilentScreams

SilentScreams Member

From DavisDVD:

MGM Home Entertainment has just announced a number of catalog horror titles all due on September 20th. Look for After Midnight, Dolls, From a Whisper to a Scream, The House Where Evil Dwells, Lady in White, Night Visitor, Swamp Thing and the Midnite Movies double feature discs Die, Monster, Die!/The Dunwich Horror, Tales Of Terror/Twice Told Tales, Panic In Year Zero/The Last Man On Earth and Voodoo Island/The Four Skulls Of Jonathan Drake. "Dolls" will come with two audio commentaries (with director Stuart Gordon and writer Ed Naha; Carolyn Purdy-Gordon and other cast members), a storyboard-to-film comparison, a photo gallery and trailer. "Lady in White" comes with an introduction and commentary with director Frank Laloggia, deleted scenes, behind-the-scenes footage, a photo montage, extended photo gallery and trailer. Retail is $14.95 each.

3. Mattster

Mattster Guest

Holy fucking hell! That's the best DVD news all year for me!

4. evileye

evileye Member

Umm what happened to the HOWLING 2?

5. onebyone

onebyone Guest

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Thank you for posting all that. You helped my mood out plenty.

6. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

yep also where is the burning uncut dvd

7. WesReviews

WesReviews Active Member

Check DVDPricesearch.com

Howling 2, Dolls, etc. went up for pre-order today at various online retailers.

8. Mattster

Mattster Guest

9. ArrowBeach

ArrowBeach Active Member

is the LADY IN WHITE specs same as the oop ELite DVD?

10. Mattster

Mattster Guest

Looks that way... and that's what I was hoping for as I missed out on that disc. Very pleasantly surprised with Dolls though. They went all out with that one.

11. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

The Dolls disc sounds like it'll be sweet!

What happened to From Beyond though?!?

12. Dwhots

Dwhots New Member

Over at DVD Drive In they have announced that Sony is releasing some discs out this october, on of them being Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane. :)

This October, Sony will release some classic horror films, as well as some thrillers and sci-fi titles just in time for Halloween. First up is THE MAN WITH NINE LIVES, a 1940 effort starring king of horror, Boris Karloff. Next is the 1967 Amicus Anthology TORTURE GARDEN, starring Peter Cushing, Jack Palance and Burgess Meredith, and directed by Freddie Francis. Through Sony’s acquisition of MGM’s library comes THE LITTLE GIRL WHO LIVES DOWN THE LANE, an AIP release which stars Jody Foster and Martin Sheen. Other October Sony titles include: THE DARK BACKWARD, Tony Richardson’s DEAD CERT, JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH (assumingly the 1976 Spanish film), MONSTER HIGH, MORTURARY ACADEMY, Sean Cunningham’s THE NEW KIDS, OMEGA DOOM, PULSE and ROBOT JOX. Sony is also announcing a newly remastered Special Edition of THE FOG. Street dates and more info to follow.

13. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Wow...excellent. Monster High, Mortuary Academy, The New Kids, Pulse, Robot Jox, Torture Garden. I hope they'll all be widescreen, but that's doubtful with Sony.

14. Mattster

Mattster Guest

*SCREAMS*

Pulse! Finally! *crosses off the list of not-on-DVD-anywhere*

Now give us The Legend of Billie Jean, bitches.

15. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

A new special edition of THE FOG ? The original or the remake ? They just had an MGM special edition a couple of years ago.I wonder(if it is the original) if the only new material will be promo stuff for the new film ? Anybody know any specs yet ?

16. Mattster

Mattster Guest

The original of course. The remake's not even in theaters yet (Oh shit. I just said something I typically say to customers at work.)

But yeah, it's coming out. It confused me too as there already is an SE, but the MGM ad with all of the coverarts for these titles has a big bubble in the corner about the upcoming new edition of The Fog. No specs listed though.

17. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

I'm very happy to hear that The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane is being released. I'll definitely pick it up as long as Sony doesn't pull one of their pan and scan hack jobs.

18. Jason25

Jason25 Moderator

Sweet. The Dark Backward and Robot Jox will be mine.

19. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

Thanks ,it's a favorite of mine.