Return to Horror High

Discussion in 'General' started by DefJeff, Mar 23, 2002.

1. DefJeff

DefJeff Franca Stoppi's #1 fan

hey in my search for Cannibal Apocalypse and Evil Laugh DVDs today (which i foudn neither), i picked up Return to Horror High at Boarders for 12.99.

any opinions on this movie? im about to go watch it in a minute
    i remember seein it as a kid, but i totally forget everythin about it.

2. gunner

gunner Cropsy Maniac

I'm actually looking forward to getting this one,you got it early, I believe it's scheduled for a 4/2 release. I always liked this 80's slasher spoof oddity. I used to watch it countless times as a kid on USA network's "Saturday Nightmares" where it used to be a staple. I haven't seen it in years though so my memory is pretty dim. I remember Marcia Brady playing a cop, A movie within a movie plot, and a pair of exploding tits.
    If you want to get the Evil Laugh dvd the best place is directly from www.programpower.com they even offer mail in orders. A friend of mine just recently got one through them. I don't actually think any online or walk-in retailers carry it yet and by the looks of it they may never.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2002
  3. DefJeff

Saturday Nightmares was the best!

thanks alot for the link to the program power site, im gonna order Evil Laugh off there

4. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

This is another one of those flicks from my childhood that I'm looking forward to picking up on disc. It's been a while since I had seen it, but I couldnt be any happier that AB is doing it since I know I can (hopefully) at least count on a decent transfer.

5. Joel Groce

Joel Groce Guest

Is this one worth it?

Just wondering what people think of this flick - I love slashers, but somehow I think this one coming out in '87 at the end of the cycle - I think it would be more tired and cliche-ridden than the rest - I mean I know it has got to be a cheese-fest (which can be good sometimes) - but does it have the spark of originality that is going to make it worth seeing.

Also, I heard that "Evil Laugh" was a fun, cracking up over beer flick - was this a straight-to-video flick?

Just watched "Slumber Party Massacre" last nite and god damn this was enjoyable - exploitive and gory fun. And that chick (Brinke Stevens?) that gets killed in the closet in the locker room was HOT!!! Makes me want to check out "Sorority Babes in the Slime-Bowl-a-rama.:D

6. DefJeff

this movie sucked!!!!!!!!!!!! avoid it!!!!!!!!!!!!! im gonna put it up for trade soon.

evil laugh is awesome, i dunno if it was striaght to video or not, but i know that one is good.

7. y2doublet

y2doublet Toxic Crusader

RTHH rules. It's as simple as that. George Clooney is in it too, but it'd be a stretch to say it's a Clooney-vehicle. ;) For the record Slumber Party Massacre is one of the best slasher cheese-fests I've ever seen.

8. life_o_petey

life_o_petey Guest

i rented this a few days ago and thought it was alright. I wouldn't buy it, but worth renting at least. It was different enough from other slashers to keep me interested, and seeing that Jay Leno look alike get it in the beginning was fun.

9. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

just picked it up cheap. Haven't seen it before. Love the 80's slashers and not sure why I missed this one...seems to have not have made a big impression around here, though.

10. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

I completely agree with you Jeff, I hated this movie. You can put it up for trade if you want, but I don't know who could possibly want this piece of shit in their collection, unless they haven't seen it yet and are oblivious as to how bad it is.

EDIT: :lol: Just noticed that post was made a loooooooong time ago. Probably traded off by now. ;)

11. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

12. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I've always really liked the movie. The ending I love.

13. Ravenheart

Ravenheart Guest

I like this movie too.Its not the best but its still a fun movie to watch.

14. Kippoe13

Kippoe13 Guest

I got RTHH with Return of the Killer Tomatoes on the same disc one per side for $9.99 it was a great buy just for Return of the Killer Tomatoe but the other RTHH is alright