Reese Witherspoon to star in Horror film for $29 MILLION

Discussion in 'General' started by baggio, Feb 28, 2006.

1. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Reese Witherspoon will be starring in an upcoming horror film called Our Family Trouble . Its about a mother fighting demons possessing her child.

This puts her in the lead as the highest paid woman in hollywood for a film.

Alrighty then, this movie sounds real good.:rolleyes:

Where have I seen this type of movie before?:lol:

Discuss:

2. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

yeah, she should make a Zombie movie instead!

3. "OMG y'all, mah baby baby baby is possessed by demons"

I hate Reese Witherspoon.

4. darklight

darklight New Member

Stupid Hollywood....Although in saying that Reese Witherspoon will be smiling all the way to the bank...

5. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

I think Legally Possessed would've been a better title :D :eek2:

6. Legally Possessed....Just Like Hell...they'd all be better titles

7. ArrowBeach

ArrowBeach Active Member

she is the most annoying star right now, I hope the film bombs so they will stop paying her.

8. onebyone

onebyone Guest

I think she is great and am happy for her. She's talented, pretty, and not a all nude all the time famewhore. I support her and see most of her movies.

However, I do question the good sense of having a horror movie with this kind of budget, but we will see how it works out.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2006
  9. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

George Romero can't secure 29 million for an entire film budget, but they have no problem paying the latest hot stars for what will most likely be a shit film. Whatever.

10. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

I'm not a fan of hers, but also not a hater.
    This just screams bad idea though. I doubt she's a fan of the genre and won't respect it. There's a 50% chance this turns into a comedy during shooting. The final product will be PG-13 and have nothing to offer but cheap scares and a teenage Asian girl in a well. :rolleyes:
    I just saw this flick anyway, it was called something...something...Emily Rose.:glasses:

On my list of how to see movies, just the announcment of this has it placed firmly in the "wait for cable when NOTHING else is on" category. Big budget horror with a big name = big stinking pile of shit! (probably)

11. Franco

Franco Weekender

I can't imagine her acting in a well-done horror film. Besides, she seems to be more adequate for comedies ...

12. Tien21

Tien21 Guest

I would have never thought she was getting paid that much for her to star in movies lately, but I guess I was wrong. I don't dislike her, and I know she is actually a very smart buisness woman from what I've read. She was great in Walk the Line, and might get the best actress award who knows.

13. Jamm

Jamm J'aime les cadavres

Is she getting paid that much, or is that the total budget of the movie? It's not quite clear.

14. _pi_

_pi_ Peace, bitch

Well, of all the recent Hollywood superstars, I'd say Reese deserves to be the highest paid. (Then again, 29 million dollars for a single person starring in one movie ... is that not kind of SICK and PERVERTED?!?!)

But the film sounds like crap.

15. JW77

JW77 Support Halliburton

Riddle me this, Batman... Has any movie in which it was leaked that the lead actor will be pulling in an enormous salary ever been worth a flying fuck?

It's like you almost know that any movie where [insert name] will be starring for a salary of [figure in excess of twenty million dollars] is going to suck rotten mule ass.

16. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

her salary is $29 million. This will be the first film she will get this type of money. this will be her new going rate.(especially if the film does well) Just like Jim Carrey and Tom Cruise for example. they are in the $30 million plus club.

Julia Roberts got $24 million for Mona Lisa Smile. Twenty plus is her going rate.

17. Jamm

Jamm J'aime les cadavres

If the article I found was correct, she's serving as both executive producer and star. I'm thinking the $29 million might be a combined salary. Even still, that's a healthy chunk of change!

18. Damed

Damed Guest

I'd hit it. :sperm:

19. MrKateB

MrKateB Asshole Extraordinaire

I think that Reese Witherspoon has worn out her welcome for me. I loved her in Election, thought she was great in Pleasantville, but everything else I've either not seen yet, or didn't like the movie enough to stick with it (so her performance had no bearing)...For me, there's something that rings kind of fake about her whenever I've seen her make appearances on tv...I know that's not a very good way to judge someone, especially Hollywood folks, but still...She's married to Ryan Phillipe, and he seems like kind of a punk...I also read something about some paparazzi type who ended up dead after having a run in with her at some amusement park...I wouldn't be surprised if she has connections...or maybe hubby does. :)

20. _pi_

_pi_ Peace, bitch

You know, if Reese really has paparazzi killed for annoying her ... then I love her even more :D

And Ryan Phillipe ... who WOULDN'T marry him?? :p I don't know, I was sold on Reese after Election and Legally Blonde. Haven't seen much more of her stuff, but I find her extremely likeable.