Problems with DVDAficionado?

Discussion in 'General' started by BroodingHope, Jan 7, 2011.

1. BroodingHope

BroodingHope New Member

I just went to sign in to my DVDaf page to update my list and it doesn't recognize my e-mail or password. Then I come here and follow the link to my DVDaf page that I have in my signature and none of my stuff is listed. It is as if my whole page was erased. Is anyone else having problems with DVDaf at the moment? If I have to redo everything I'm going to be super pissed off.

2. BroodingHope

BroodingHope New Member

After trying a few others links to collections from users on the board it appears that something is wrong with the website. Hopefully everything wasn't erased.

3. pwrslave

pwrslave New Member

I was on last night and it worked fine. I just tired searching some stuff a few minutes ago and nothing worked. I am sure they are just having minor problems, hopefully it will be up and running again soon.

4. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

Nothing is working on DVDaf for me either. At first I though it was just a glitch.

5. crikan

crikan Well-Known Member

This happened about a month ago and it took at least 24 hours to get back to normal. I export my collection to a file once a month just in case.

I'm really wanting to look up a film right now. Arrggg

6. BroodingHope

BroodingHope New Member

Everything seems to be back up and running smoothly now. Thank God my collection is still intact.

7. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Looks like the database went down, while leaving the site itself untouched. They may lose some recent changes, like anything over the past 24 hours, but I'm confident they'll have it back up.

It only happened a few hours ago, hopefully it'll be up soon. For some reason though I feel naked without it there.

Oh, maybe this is a good time to mention this too: DVDAf is now listing Something Weird Video's DVD-R's. I don't have a scanner so I can't contribute, but if anyone can get a large scan of Ed Wood's Take It Out In Trade outtakes FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE DO! I'd love to get that up there, there's even an IMDb entry for SWV's release.

8. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

This is the reason Dvd Profiler is the better option.