Outer Limits - New Series question

Discussion in 'General' started by JW77, Aug 22, 2002.

1. JW77

JW77 Support Halliburton

Does anyone know if the New Outer Limts DVDs (Sex and Science Fiction and Time Travel and Infinity) contain the original uncut episodes as they were shown on Showtime, and not the censored versions that were in syndication?

I've seen reviews for the (original) Outer Limts sets filtering out, and was wondering if anyone has seen the New Series discs.

I'd like to know what's on the discs before I pre-order. (The back covers say "Not Rated" but that's not really anything to go by, as I doubt either versions of the eps were rated by the MPAA.) I'm hopeful they're uncut, as MGM released the Stargate SG-1 DVDs the same way.

Thanks.

2. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

I dont know for sure, but I'd put my money and them being the uncut versions originally aired on Showtime. I dont see why they'd release them cut if they had the uncut elements available.

3. Max Yokell

Max Yokell Guest

I am sure they will be uncut especially with a Themed set called Sex and Violence.

I can't wait. Right now my Tivo is full to the brim with Outer limtis from Sci-fi channel and they are all cut.

Max

4. jacob

jacob Guest

If they are not uncut I won't be picking them up. How do the uncut Stargate shows differ from the aired ones?

5. Max Yokell

Max Yokell Guest

Major Carter and the Dr, do all of their scenes in the nude. :D

Seriously I had not noticed much difference in SG1 between Showtime and reg channels other then commercials.

Oh and if you want to see Carter then rent the movie the Void, there are some quick flashes.

Max

6. JW77

JW77 Support Halliburton

I've never watched Stargate SG-1 (hell, I've never even seen the movie), but I read somewhere that there's a full-frontal female nude scene in the pilot of SG-1. I read this in a review when the show first aired. I also think that was the one and only nude scene on the show.