Ordering from Troma

Discussion in 'General' started by Mr. Eddy, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Mr. Eddy

Mr. Eddy Member

Alright, I know many of you fuckin' hate Troma, but there's a few that don't. I'm wondering if anybody has ever ordered from their website and if you've had a shitty experience like I did. I decided to order the Tox Box to get a copy of the Toxic Avenger 2 that was actually uncut, unlike the so called unrated director's cut that isn't uncut at all. Anyways, the page stated that due to the rarity of the set some dvd's might become loose during shipping, I decided to chance it. First of all the set was about $35 and with shipping it came to $47! I figured being a longtime Troma fan and supporter I'll give Lloyd and the rest of the team my money instead of buying it elsewhere(where I could've gotten it about $10 cheaper). I got an e-mail saying the order shipped and they gave me a confirmation number to track it. Well, after trying the confirmation number a shitload of times, the postal website kept telling me they had no record of that item. I e-mailed Troma twice about this and they never responded to me. Finally, after a week the set arrives. I'm already pissed off because after paying almost $10 for fuckin' shipping, they sent it media mail which cost them like $3! It came in a large yellow envelope with no bubble wrap or protection of any kind. The box that holds the dvd's had fucked up corners and creases but it was so cheaply made I doubt that any of them are in mint condition, now the dvd's is what pissed me off. I realize that by them putting their little disclaimer on the website about the dvd's coming loose they figure that's they're excuse to sell shitty products. The dvd's for Toxic Crusaders and Toxic part 3 were in brand new and mint condition. However, Toxic 1 and 2 had strange markings and scuff all over them. None of the dvd's were loose in the cases so they didn't get fucked up in the shipping process. I can't believe they would knowingly sell shitty fucked up discs for that kind of money. I figured I'll cut out the middle man and give the cash straight to Troma and support them and I end up getting fucked in the process! I still love their movies and I'll still buy them, but I'll stick with Amazon and other sellers. Fuck Them!:fuck:

2. Slackjaw83

Slackjaw83 Lonely St. Tattooer

I've ordered from them a few times. The only gripe I've had is that their shipping is completely too much. MUCH too much. That said, I've never received any discs that were messed up at all.

3. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Same here. I'll still order from them if I'm making a big order, but yeah, their shipping is a bit much. But never had any problems with delayed shipping or damage of any kind.

4. bwana the clown

bwana the clown Supreme Ruler Of Sados

:lol: That doesn't even make any sense.

But yeah, sounds like it's clear they sent you dodgy discs to start with - you should at least try and email or call them about it.

5. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

I use to order from them when they were having sales untold years ago, mostly for the Roan output.

I ordered The Blood of Ghastly Horror and some others. The next day I get a call from NY but I missed it. An intern at Troma left a message, asking if I really wanted two copies of Ghastly Horror and left a direct line. I call up and talk with the guy and confirmed the one purchase.

This has the be the single best experience I've ever had with an online store. A store. Correcting my mistake. Which would have earned them more money if they left it. Wow. Not even Tony at XploitedCinema can't lay claim for that, when he's in the running for the best guy on the planet!

I have everything I want now from Troma, so I haven't ordered in years and years. So I don't know what they're like now.

Full Moon is pretty good. They make lots of mistakes, but always correct them in a way that's great for the buyer. I think they sent me double shipments at least three times. I called them up to let them know about it, mostly so they fix the problem on their end, and they always say keep it. DVDPlanet has asked for stuff like that back. Fuck that. ;)

Alternative Cinema is good too. They often forget one item, and will ship it priority along with half a dozen posters, press packets and shit. Cool guys.

AlphaBlueVideo is the single worst company I've ever dealt with. I was lucky that they forgot to charge my credit card (yep, they're that brilliant) and to get any money from me they had to fix their other mistakes on the order first. Which was that they sent me the wrong disc, which I offered to buy at the bulk discount price of that order count as well. They refused and wanted a new order at full solo price. Full Moon/Alternative Cinema? "Keep it as a gift." AlphaBlueVideo; "GIVES US LOTS AND LOTS OF MONIES FOR OUR MISTAKES NOW!!! NAFGN ADOJ FNALJ NGKJA" Fuck them, they're just a bunch of bootlegers anyways. I vowed to pirate their shit from that day forward.

6. Mr. Eddy

Mr. Eddy Member

I sent the set back. They are fully aware that they're selling inferior discs and using the "may come loose during shipping" claim as their way of justifying it.:fuck:

7. CrazyFatEthel

CrazyFatEthel New Member

:fucked: