old or new zombies?

Discussion in 'General' started by adric, Jun 21, 2004.

1. adric

adric New Member

ok i was arguing with my friend, who is the more average horror fan and likes all the newer movies more then the classics, the other day and say was saying how the zombies in the new DOTD scared her more and she thought the original DOTD zombies were humorous and posed no threat. so do you agree that the new zombies are more threataning or not? (and if this threat has already been done im sorry.)

2. satanservant

satanservant Guest

Any zombie (slow or fast) that wants to eat me is pretty scary. The idea that the originals zombie's posed no threat is unbelievable. Why was everybody trying to find places to hide (like the mall,or deserted islands)? The originals are more creepy and engulf their victims slower and with a more claustrophobic feeling. The remake's zombies are more chaotic and a lot of the time it was hard to tell what was going on. And the fact that there was almost 0% flesh eating was the film's biggest dissapointment.

3. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

I Think The Newer Zombies Are More Scary Just Because They Run And Are Alot More Aggressive

4. moogong

moogong Arte Suave

I find it's all depends. Slow zombies in Dawn 78 were not so scary but slow zombies in NOTLD 90 were scary. Fast zombies in Return of the Living Dead were scary but fast zombies in Dawn 04 were not so scary.

5. hell ya!

hell ya! ~Go ahead, make my day~

Slow for me, they're much more creepy.

6. I feel the same as you, adric. While there's more opportunity for fast action with the fast zombies, the slow ones are just much more creepy to me. I remember seeing NOTLD when I was little and I couldn't watch the whole thing because it freaked me out so much (I was a sensitive child)

7. Old skool zombies are by far better and more creepy. Although I did like the "zombies" in 28 Days Later.

8. adric

adric New Member

i told her that the slower zombies were more of a "realistic" kind because a dead half rotten person couldnt run to well and i said how the fact that you had no were to run in a house and once they got in you were fucked was more scarier.

9. zombee

zombee Guest

I agree with the slow ones being creepy. Also, the old zombies are harder to kill than a lot of the new ones. In 28 Days Later (not really zombies, I know, but close) it didn't take much to bring down an infeted. And in House of the Dead (btw, a horrible movie) zombies would die after like a single shot to the chest.

10. Nemesis

Nemesis Guest

slow zombies and fast zombies give an entirely different feel.. with the slow zombies its not so much the immediate threat so it becomes more of a strategical thing.. which i think is more fun to watch... i dont particularily find either scary

11. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

I like the slow ones best but the running runs I'm getting used to.

12. as long as they're eating flesh I say any zombie is good

13. I think the humorous side of the zombies from Dawn of the Dead '78 had more to do with some of the make-up and acting. A lot of the background zombies looked like they were just coated in blue make-up and told to do their worst possible Frankenstein's Monster impression, what with the exaggerated shuffling and arms stretched straight out and exaggerated "We're not in Kansas anymore" looks of shock on their faces. Comparing them to NOTLD '90 (as mentioned above) shows that even more obviously.

I'll still take the old slow zombies, though. More impending doom for your buck.