Nurse 3D

Discussion in 'General' started by Anthropophagus, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Anthropophagus

Anthropophagus Well-Known Member

Could not find a thread on this?
    Just watched it a few days ago and it was well worth it IMO. An overly campy delivery by the female lead was a little annoying at times, but added to the B-Movie throwback vibe of the eighties slasher efforts. Lots of nudity and some cringe worthy moments. The perspective often reminded me of Maniac (1980), the fact that we are given a window into the antagonist's psyche.

2. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

If a poster alone could sell a movie, I'd probably buy tickets to see this. How did you come across it? Blind buy?

3. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

Picked up the blu at Walmart for $15, plan on giving it a view this weekend.

4. cjg

cjg Active Member

really liked this movie.

5. Anthropophagus

It's on my cable company's PPV amazingly enough. The less said about it the better, as I mentioned, if you can get past the lead's ultra camp performance it's pretty intense with some good plot twists. Good cinematography and lighting too.
    While not re-inventing the wheel certainly a good variation on a theme.

6. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

The lead (Paz La Huerta) has had an interesting acting career thus far. Her antics apparently caused her to be written out of Boardwalk Empire. I can't seem to get past that for some reason.

7. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I didn't care for this one at all. The lead just has the same monotone voice throughout the film and pulls the same slutty, pout face look the entire time. I didn't think the story was great either. It was very cliché to the point where you'd think you've seen this film before. The brief nudity was nice and the chase scene at the end was entertaining but all up I thought this was pretty weak and forgettable.

8. Myron Breck

Myron Breck Boom Shanka

Talk about timing! I'm about 35 minutes in and wanted to check for a thread. I don't know who this gal is but her "acting" is so completely off-the-charts bad that it almost has to be on purpose. Her resume on imdb is much, much longer than I would have guessed. Is she like this in all her roles???

9. Anthropophagus

Her willingness to appear completely nude and the fact that her body is anything but forgettable probably influenced her casting more than her acting ability.
    I wondered if the monotone and almost catatonic nature of the character was done on purpose to emphasize her desensitized psychopathic nature and jaded attitude towards the crimes she was committing.
    She is a terrible actress though, and her blonde love interest was hardly any better.

10. vidjunkie

vidjunkie Team Blu

Well I thought this was a very cool movie, very entertaining lol, I mean no awards will be given but it was fun none the less, but have you guys read the thread at blu-ray.com? there is a VOD version and then the blu-ray, the blu-ray shows Danni(Katrina Bowden) in her panties when showering, the VOD version shows her in no panties, but other then those 2 scenes all the rest is the same.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

so I finally found some footage I can use and I think I am going to make an alternate version on BD lol, just for the hell of it and for more practice:D

11. vidjunkie

vidjunkie Team Blu

I posted this at blu-ray.com forums, I just thought I would share, seems like this cool little flick has no love here lol.

So does anyone know if the VOD version has any other scenes different from the BD? we have those 2 Katrina Bowden shower scenes fixed and perfectly matched to the BD but was wondering if there were more.

Thanks

2 screens for each scene
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

We made a movie only BD complete with the DTS-HD MA 5.1 and the chapter positions from the retail "censored" BD, we carried nothing else over, all that is on the retail, this is 2D only.

12. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

I really enjoyed it. Fun horror trash with a truly bizarre yet compelling performance from Paz de la Huerta.

13. vidjunkie

vidjunkie Team Blu

A pic of my new 2-Disc Set for this cool ass flick!

[​IMG]

14. Hatchetwarrior

Hatchetwarrior Well-Known Member

That's very interesting. I would really love to know the reasoning for that.

As for the film itself, it is barely tolerable. Less than 30 minutes in and it completely forgets its own thesis (a sexy nurse who moonlights as a sexy, promiscuous serial killer who only targets infidelity prone men) and instead pursues the leads peculiar, and unexplained, obsession with a young nursing intern at the hospital she works at. The film continues to nose dive from there and I couldn't wait for it to end. Just avoid it.

15. KGBRadioMoskow

KGBRadioMoskow Makes any meat boneless!

The lesbian infatuation angle wasn't a big stretch, all things considered. And it seemed evident the film didn't have the chops to keep the first premise going for too long, so I tolerated the jilted dyke going murder framing stalker switch. Even though the handling of that was damn near inept, while the initial premise was at least competent for the brief period it kept rolling.

But when the cool scheming, two steps ahead of them all puppeteer position is abandoned for no reason (as she clearly had the protaganist appearing to be the needs locking up nut job) for the carnage spreading psycho bitch act, I pretty much checked out waiting for the credits to finally roll. The lame restart anew somewhere else ending wasn't worthy even as a cliche.

Now the film basically being the respective first, second, and third act from three almost entirely different films remixed with the skill of a volunteer DJ at a junior high dance wouldn't be enough for me to totally give up on it. A graphic spectacle, surreal mind fuck, or scene chewing perfomances are enough to give an incoherent plot a pass in this genre. But that redemption wasn't present, once past the best bits of the first act it basically just aped better films in ways that only reminded you of how much you'd rather be rewatching them.

I can't even say the film showed any real promise of potentially being better, because of how repeatedly incapable the writer and director showed themselves of sustaining the quality of the film's few solid moments. I'm convinced this isn't a case of a movie that sadly fell short reaching for an achievable high mark, but one that shockingly managed to toss out a few shining moments in what was destined to be a squalid mess. For me this is another disc going onto the dump it pile.

16. Hatchetwarrior

Hatchetwarrior Well-Known Member

I was having a hunch about that, but like every subplot it produced it magically disappeared before long. The presentation of this film reminded me a lot of American Mary. Much like this film, American had a tendency to start up an interesting premise, or subplot, and then toss it to the side without rhyme or reason. The main difference being American Mary at least had enough story telling smarts to conclude the film with its main plot (that of a psychotic surgeon), although it was done poorly. Nurse doesn't even remotely try and do that. It is virtually a completely different film in its final ten minutes than it is in its first ten minutes.

17. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

Count me in as someone who enjoyed this. Nurse is good for what it is: tongue in cheek, self aware, trashy, campy, bloody B-Slasher fun. I thought the lead did a great job, with one of the more Interesting performances in a long time.
    Nurse Abby and Dr. Giggles would have made a great team :D

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
  18. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Nurse made my "worst of" list of last year, in the number 3 slot. Despite the "plot" seeming to center around women getting revenge on cheating men, I found it quite misogynistic and sexist in its portrayal of women and its female characters. Complete garbage.

19. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I just found it boring, dumb and poorly acted. I don't even recall much of it now but seem to remember its opening setup on why she was killing being ignored or mostly forgotten.

20. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

This showed up on Netflix so I gave it a view. Started out quite well but couldn't continue for me. The film had a fair amount of nudity in it so it was surprising to see that Katrina Bowden shot a clothed as well as unclothed version. I did think it was weird that she showered in her underwear but thought it was a contractual thing. Overall certainly worth a "free" viewing if you have Netflix.