Not many stores going to carry pumpkinhead 20th anniversary dvd?

Discussion in 'General' started by fceurich39, Sep 6, 2008.

1. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

my car is really good on gas only took 10 bucks

2. 17thJuggalo

17thJuggalo Active Member

Went to a Best Buy here in Pittsburgh and they had about 8 copies of Child's Play, but no Pumpkinhead. MGM's distribution is so weird, they could easily have people buy 2 of their products at once if it was on the shelf.

3. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Went to BB, CC, Border's, Target and Meijer's today. I got my Child's Play SE, I got Student Bodies which I didn't even know existed on dvd, and I got teh Big Lebowski LE since it was too cool to pass up. I didn't see one copy or any shelf space or mention of Pumpkinhead. Guess I'll hit up BB's website since I got gift certs from them that say I can use them online. I don't mind waiting a bit as I won't get to any of these soon. I have a stack of library discs and a dozen or more purchased ones I need to get to. It's hard with all this football and other TV on in HD. That's putting me way back on my dvd viewing.

4. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

very strange indeed because they both have the same fright flix stickers on the covers since the same release date,studio they could have easily shipped them together and be on sale or have a sale promotion but i guess the best buy person that determines what the stores sells is an idiot also if you notice on their website it does say store availbility not available which always means no stores will carry it same thing for 9-16-2008 release of class of 1999 no best buy stores are gonna carry that either

5. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Maybe Pumpkinhead's higher SRP ($19.99 vs. 14.99) is keeping it back or caused it not to be ordered. Strange how Child's Play is cheaper, must be a rights or legal thing. Since both old discs were FF barebones from MGM, I always looked at them the same. Having HD2DVD's of both also helped that thought.

6. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Yeah, same here. Amazon has to be most reliable site when it comes to ordering DVDs. Places like DeepDiscount and CDuniverse and DVDempire I've had loose discs, shipping problems, DELAYED shipping but with amazon...never a single problem.

~Matt

7. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

I'd like it now, but it's getting really close to Halloween. I wouldn't be too surprised to see it on a seasonal rack at Walmart in a few weeks.

8. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I picked it up yesterday at Hastings. They got a couple in stock at the store here.

I also picked up Child's Play at Best Buy...who are the biggest MORONS in retail history. Long story...I hate going in that store anymore.

9. Mark Relford

Mark Relford Chairman of the Bored

Are you guys still having trouble finding this movie? I noticed Amazon was out of stock a few days ago. They're back in stock now. Fry's is another good place to check. The one near me had a shitload of 'em.

10. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Ha, that's funny because most people can't find Student Bodies.

Anyways I second anyone who's told you knuckle heads to order online. I only shop brick stores when it's an exclusive I'm after. As for these I've waited this long to get 'em, might as well wait for the Blu-ray.

11. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

I haven't seen this anywhere. I live right near Scarecrow Video in Seattle and they always get everything that comes out on Tuesday, but even they didn't have this!

12. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Can we expect to see a review of the new disc here? There aren't many reviews up online which is odd.:confused:

13. CUBANmix

CUBANmix Guest

ehh ill rent it from netflix and ill rip the dvd,same as i did with childs play 20th..im waiting for the blu rays dammit!!!

14. skinnypuppy

skinnypuppy New Member

Anyone been able to find this recently? Are they holding back the stock until Halloween? I saw it at the Toronto, Downtown HMV, but it was $27.00 with an Import Sticker on it. There is no way I'm paying that when I know it will eventually go down to $10

I hope we start to see some reviews for this.

15. pacinofan

pacinofan Member

16. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

it appears deepdiscount.com has this for 13.77 (it doesnt say collectors edition but says widescreen version and looks like the pic shows the new cover) and amazon has it for 14.99 - bestbuy has it online only and it is backordered

17. shithead

shithead Death By Ejaculation

Just ordered it from DD, it says it has been backordered.:mad:

18. DrHerbertWest

DrHerbertWest For Your Health

I work at Hastings and we had a couple copies in on release date for $13.99 (I think that was the price). Had no idea it was getting tough to find.

19. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I think it's $15.99, or at least that was the price on the release date at this one. They must have even restocked at the Hastings here, since they had about three more on the shelf yesterday.

It's rather odd that some sites like DVD Empire apparently don't even have an item page for it. Amazon readily stocks it however.

20. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

Walmart now has the new Pumpkinhead DVD as part of their "normal" stock. Price is just under $15. Also, Hellraiser 20th anniversary dvd is part of their normal stock as well, at a cool $9! I almost picked it up, but ultimately decided against it. I was hoping that Child's Play would make its way into their new stock, but not so.