Nightmare on Elm Street new box set coming april 6th 2010

Discussion in 'General' started by fceurich39, Jan 7, 2010.

1. NaturesMistake

NaturesMistake Active Member

A Nightmare on Elm Street Re-mastered VHS, check
    Elite double vhs, check
    Elite SE laserdisc, check
    Boxed set w/ encyclopedia, check
    Vhs editions of 1-5, check
    Original dvd releases of 1,6,7, check
    Part 5, unrated vhs + dvd burn, check
    Alliance Blu-ray, check
    Infinifilm edition, check
    I'll pass on any new release unless they do like they did with the f13th sequels. I'd then upgrade the ones I care about the most.

2. 2D4EVER

2D4EVER Guest

Yes some of the later sequels had many cringeworthy parts (especially the acting and the sub-childish antics of Freddy) but they all had some value imo. Also I think many people want at least New Nightmare on blu ray as well as Part 1. Those are the most solid movies in the series but I (and several people here) like part 2 a lot and I think it also deserves a blu ray release. Parts 3, 4, 5 and 6 are throwaways but still fairly fun movies to watch even if they drag down the Freddy character from scary to laughable.

3. shithead

shithead Death By Ejaculation

2-6 are bad movies, no doubt about it.

But enjoyable bad...for me anyways.

4. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

3 and 4 seem to get worse and worse each time I watch them. They seem to have this "Go Team!" vibe with characters when they discover they have to defeat Freddy. It just completely kills the vibe and almost makes them seem like the Monster Squad or something. It gets a little better with 5, but not by much. Still, I think 4 is the best looking film in the series and a clear early sign of Renny Harlin's talent (Oh how the mightieth hath fallen, in hindsight), but the characters and vibe of the film is just horrible. Freddy's Dead is pretty meh, but some of the absurd stuff like all the wierdos in Springwood make it kind of fun. My favorites are 1,2, and New Nightmare.

5. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

What, peope don't like 3? Blasphmy, it's easily the best sequel ever. Not the best sequel in this series, the best sequel ever! Fuck T2, Aliens, Godfather 2, etc!

This is the movie that got me into horror, plus I was a metalhead at the time, so I guess it's always been special to me. It had all different levels of effects and Patricia Arquette. It also spawned the greatest Dokken song of all time.

O.K., seriously it was my favorite movie ever (until I saw Predator and True Romance), but it is starting to hurt from age and repeat viewings. Still fun and I still love it, just some parts are a bit hookier now than ever before. Still got crazy love though!

6. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

i too am shocked part 3 is one of the first horror films i ever saw and still love it

7. Mitbox

Mitbox Member

Agree 100% except being the best sequel in Cinema ever, but it's got Heather, Patricia, Saxon, fun characters, cool killings (puppet), great story, welcome to prime time bitch, Dokken's greatest song ever...ahh Dream Warriors rule!! I need a Special Edition of this.

8. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

It's a double-edged sword because while it has some truly horrendous dialog, it also contains some of the most iconic and downright awesome scenes in the entire series. The first kill with the puppets, the Freddy Snake, Freddy carving into Joey's stomach, and Craig Wasson's fight with the Freddy Skeleton are still favorites of mine. It just sucks that they're weighed down by the other bullshit in the film.

9. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

Now here's the love that this thread was missing for the sequels! I hope Warner is prepping a blu boxset with true special editions for the films in time for the remakes initial DVD release.

10. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

same here. as a kid the nightmare and friday series had this mythical quality to them. kids talked in hushed voices about seeing parts of them through half-opened doors. i was probably about 7 or 8 when i saw nightmare 3. honestly, the thrill i felt at actually watching a nightmare film, was comparable to having sex for the first time. it was that big of a deal. sure its probably nostalgia, but i get goose bumps every time i sit down to watch it.

11. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

dan farrands the man behind the friday the 13th his name was jason documentary and he did special features for friday 1-8 editions is doing the never sleep again documentary for the freddy films

paramount gave him permission to do new editions i kinda have a feeling since warner now owns new line warner said no to new editions of the sequels i hope not but i have a feeling they rejected him now if Bob Shaye was still in charge and warner didn't take full control i am sure he would of had new editions of the sequels made

12. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

I think the series is definitely below Friday the 13th as a whole, but 1, 3 and New Nightmare are three of my favorite horror flicks ever. I don't understand all the hate. Now if you want to bash 2 and Freddy's Dead, be my guest.

13. springjack

springjack New Member

There are fans for both franchises, Friday The 13th and Nightmare On Elm Street.
    For me, just like you, I love Jason over Freddy, but Nightmare On Elm Street sill has some good entertaining movies.

Just this friday I receaved the R1 "A Nightmare On Elm Street" 8 dvd boxset cause my old one was badly damaged when I moved. When I heard the news of a new boxset I was thinking that I was throwing money money to the the street but now I?m happy.

The old boxset is far more beautyful that the new one. It has Englund and I think the man should be in every boxset that contain the originals. And where is the bonus disc of the old edition? This new boxset is not for the fans but for the casual viewer...

At least, if the old boxset is going to be out of print in the future, It?ll become a truly collectors item. Grab one while you can.
    ________
    BUY VAPORIZER

Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
  14. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

If the old one goes OOP, I can finally sell that extra copy of the Encyclopedia I picked up at a used store like 6 years ago. Actaully I picked up 2 and managed to trade one after 3-4 years, not quite the hot ticket item I thought they would be.:lol::lol::lol:
    I can laugh as I only invested $4 or so in it. Of course I haven't activly been tring to trade or sell it either, but it's been offered on trade lists here multiple times. Guess everyone has or had it then.:)

15. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Can I say waste of money? There's not even any supplements as the set is just a re-issue of all the single disc releases.

I'd much rather see Warner (or whoever owns these movies now) trying with some decked out re-releases. There's already two disc editions of Nightmare and FvJ. This set isn't for the fans as we already have everything it has to offer and more.

16. rko2164

rko2164 Guest

can you same lame ? honestly why even put a new freddy on it not even happy about the remake