night of the living dead (remake) 90

Discussion in 'General' started by Jimbo, Mar 9, 2004.

1. Jimbo

Jimbo The Bloodstained Shadow

So how is this anyway.I have never seen it.Is it good for a remake and is it worth the $$$?

2. BloodMan

BloodMan Kill Time B4 It Kills You

I personally think it's a good ass flick. I enjoyed it very much. Nice update of the original with a few lil twists and stuff. Good make up fx too. :)

3. Nemesis

Nemesis Guest

I dont remember too many asses in it... but the movie is very good ;)

i actually prefer it to the original.. (i'm sure i'll get shot down for that)

4. onebyone

onebyone Guest

It hurt me to read that Nem. :nervous:

5. Nemesis

Nemesis Guest

maybe i need to give the original another viewing in optimal conditions.. i only kept one eye on it (like with LSCL last night)..

either way, the remake was very good

6. SilentScreams

SilentScreams Member

I liked the movie a lot. The character or Barbara is stronger in this version and you also get Tony Todd from Candyman. I just bought the DVD actually.

7. dwatts

dwatts Active Member

The original is a classic, pure and simple. It is a monument in the genre, and as such, it can't be bettered. It is what it is.

The remake? Sure, it's worth a watch. Not bad at all. There's a whole lot worse out there.

8. Revoltor

Revoltor Guest

It's great and makes me wonder why there's so much hate for remakes out there (I thought the Blob remake was awesome)

I'd drop the cash for it if I didn't prefer the original.

9. Ass_Assassin

Ass_Assassin Guest

I think it's vastly superior to the original. Sure, it's nowhere near as influencial, but I find it to be a much more enjoyable movie. It also has some great zombie special effects :)

10. ekent

ekent The Lord's Arm of Justice

North California, South Alabam, and little towns a
    I saw the remake in the theatre when I was 14 years old (oddly enough, shannafey ran the projectors that night at the theatre I saw it at, small world eh?). I was highly dissappointed. I thought that the acting by Tallman and the girl who played Judy were god awful. Even at the age of 14 I knew it was crap.

Jump forward 14 years, and now I have a better tolerance for it. After having visited the graveyard for Night 90, I can respect the genious of Savini a little more. The graveyard was a couple of acres at best, but in the movie it looked like rolling hills of tombstones. Also Savini used a lot of fake hedge stones.

At the end of the day, I would suggest getting the DVD because it has a cool commentary track by Savnini, and it also has a cool featurette that shows some cut scenes (ie. nice headshots). Being a NOTLD 68 purist (see my signature), I dont think that the remake is even half the movie that the original was, but it is most certainly worth picking up.

11. Latency

Latency Guest

I loved it. The Zombies look great and the acting isn't as bad as it's made out to be. The only thing I didn't like was Barbara's character, I think she shouldn't have been so strong. She should have been a hot helpless blonde instead of a Segourney Weaver (excuse the spelling) wannabe :).

12. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

I think a lot of people are turned off from the original because it's in black and white, which is sad.

13. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

I love the original and I love the remake. Both have their good and bad points, and I don't know why I haven't picked up the DVD of this yet. I need to hear that Savini commentary! :D

Although I have to say that the current DVD cover sucks ass.

14. Jason Reynolds

Jason Reynolds New Member

I loved the remake! I remember being one of the only people in the theater on opening day. heh.

-Jason

15. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

This is a fantastic remake, one of the best there is. Todd is excellent in the Ben role, and Towles is a great and despicable Cooper. The zombie effects are wonderful, and the new twists on the tale are welcome additions. Its a shame the MPAA really put their foot down on this film's gore though. Still, this remake is outstanding, and a great companion piece to the original.

16. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

I don't think the original has held up that well at all. The remake is a solid effort and is a truly superior work.

17. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Was the remake release of DVD of NOTLD released uncut / unrated or is it cut all to hell?

18. Tawny

Tawny You guys got sour balls?

The original is a classic, but I prefer the newer version. It's just more fun to watch. Something I didn't like about the remake: the "little girl" in the basement looked way too old.

19. ekent

ekent The Lord's Arm of Justice

North California, South Alabam, and little towns a
    I completely disaggree. The entire feeling of desolation is lost in the remake. You can see over the hill, the house next door, etc. In the original you look outside and see black. The atmosphere is lost in 90. Of course the fact that the zombies are less threatening than ever in this one hurts the mood as well.

20. Revoltor

Revoltor Guest

I knew there was a fan of the Psycho remake out there somewhere.