Night of the Demons 3 video releases

Discussion in 'General' started by killit, Dec 9, 2020.

1. killit

killit Active Member

I was just finally getting around to the newer steelbook 4k transfer of 1 and was so thoroughly impressed that I went and bought part 2 again. When going for 3 however it was insanely confusing, I think the last time I saw 3 was the USA VHS and I think it was the R version. I know that there is a 12 y/o Canadian DVD that has profanity censored (muted I heard) and I'm pretty sure I never saw it, is it uncut aside from the profanity being muted (which does suck.) Am I better off with the Australian or British Demon House releases and if any one has those, I know back n the day they used to get the worst ntsc masters that then converted to pal and unfortch gave these washed out conversions that took you really out of the film. And yes I know the film is a total pos!

2. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I have the Canadian DVD, and the "profanity" is indeed muted whenever it comes up. I don't think anything else is really censored, but I could be mistaken. I still have a DVD-R of the old German PAL DVD which is fully uncut.

I do like the film, even though it's nowhere as good as the first two films. Hopefully someone releases a better version sometime in the future.

3. killit

killit Active Member

Thanx! between the pal version and the Canadian, what are your thoughts on pic/audio quality between the 2
    ?

4. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Pretty much identical. The Canadian DVD maybe looks perhaps just a tad better, but the censoring is definitely annoying.