New Masters of Horror series: Fear Itself

Discussion in 'General' started by satans-sadists, Sep 25, 2007.

1. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

Very true. Although, for Family Man the twist was really the perfect cap on the whole idea of the episode.

I've been disappointed all over, all around with all the other episodes.

2. BoredSeal

BoredSeal Member

Episode 6 was absolute shit. Stupid editing and screen effects, typical Saw shit and the point? Oh come on! Did you noticed story is basically copy of episode 4, hmm? :)

Family Man was best :)

3. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

Well, this series has certainly been improving lately!

Mary Harron's "Community" wasn't all that I hoped it would be. Though it turned out to be the 2nd best of the bunch at the time, after "Family Man."

But tonight's episode... has just risen this entire series from the ashes. Fear Itself has just been reborn! I guess some people around here doubted Larry Fessenden because of his film, The Last Winter. But his episode "Skin & Bones" went both above and beyond the call of duty. If you missed it, I sincerely feel sorry for you. Good acting, style, dark tone, gruesomeness, music, actual disturbing content, and it gave me the serious creeps. This episode was everything I could have hoped that it would be. And more.

I truly hope this is not even the best this series has to offer just yet. With John Dahl's episode coming up in the next 5, there's still something left to hope for.

4. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Skin & Bones was really good. The first episode that was actually scary. Probably the scariest thing I seen in many years imo. In fact like DVD-fanatic-9 said, this gave me the creeps. I actually was getting myself wierded out by the episode the other night trying to go to sleep. And that hasn't happened in a very very long time. Last time I can think that happened, was the Exorcist. Doug Jones was awesome. That face stuck with me.

I kept saying to myself, this was wasted for TV. Wow. Larry Fessenden had a great film here. Shame not a lot of people are going to see this or hear about it.

On a side note:

Here's my vote for Doug Jones to play the Riddler in the next Batman. Nolan, if your listening. Take notes.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2008
  5. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

Somehow, I managed to miss them all. Sounds like there were a few that might have been worth seeing. If this gets a low-priced boxset, then perhaps I will.