New Label - Cauldron Films (Sergio Martino's American Rickshaw + Abrakadabra)

Discussion in 'General' started by Katatonia, Mar 12, 2020.

1. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

I ordered Contraband but skipped Murder in a Blue World. They're not getting released till March which is a fair ways off.

wago70 likes this.
  2. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I went ahead and pre-ordered both in the Bundle #2. They aren't Horror this time, but at least one's a good Fulci title. I don't recall ever having seen Murder in a Blue World before, but it sounds like my cup of dystopian tea. Great artwork too...

Last edited: Nov 19, 2021
    russweiss likes this.
  3. Katatonia

russweiss likes this.
  4. russweiss

It looks like the latest Cauldron titles are delayed. Here is the email I just received.

Contraband & Murder in a Blue World shipping update

Due to extended production and much longer than normal manufacturing times on both the BDs and slipcases, shipping of Contraband and Murder in a Blue world limited edition Blu-rays will be running late. All of the pieces are in manufacturing and shipping will begin as soon as they arrive but we don’t expect everything to be in hand until early May. We apologize for the delay.

Cauldron Films

Katatonia likes this.
  5. Katatonia

Yep, I also received that email earlier this afternoon. I figured there was probably some delay, since it's late March and there's been no movement with pre-orders.

I'm fine with that though, delays don't phase me much anymore these days. It's par for the course.

russweiss likes this.
  6. russweiss

Generally I have multiple movies on order at any given time so delays don't really bother me either. Currently I've got movies coming from Arrow, Severin, Diabolik, Amazon U.S. and Germany, Cauldron, Eureka, Vinegar Syndrome, Shout, and Ebay. It's kind of ridiculous when I lay it out like that.

Steel76, Zombie Dude and Katatonia like this.
  7. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

https://www.facebook.com/cauldronfilms/posts/542644057263036

Katatonia and f.ramses like this.
  8. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

That's good news but at this point you'd think they'd hold off on any updates until the discs were actually in hand and being mailed out...

9. russweiss

Contraband has finally started shipping.

Katatonia and satans-sadists like this.
  10. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

I got my shipping confirmation today. Looking forward to seeing Contraband, especially after reading so much about it in Stephen Thrower's Fulci book.

russweiss and Katatonia like this.
  11. Katatonia

Received my shipping notice yesterday also...

I went to the Cauldron website however, and I thought sure you had a choice to create a user account before? I couldn't find my login/password anywhere I usually store those however, and the "Forgot your password" said my email didn't exist. I created a new account, and lo and behold my previous orders magically showed up there.

Did I just imagine that before, or did they just recently add personal accounts on the Cauldron website? o_O

12. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

I haven't ordered from their last two batches, but I looked back to my American Rickshaw order in March of 2020 and I don't have an account creation email from them then (and trying a few things I don't seem to have an account now).

Lots of sites use "off the shelf" webstores that make dummy accounts attached to email addresses whether you make an account or not. I've encountered a couple sites myself where I just bought one thing without opening an account (thinking I'd never order again), bought a second thing a year later, then years later I'd buy a third thing so I'd decide to open an account and my old orders were magically there.

Truly you're no longer anonymous online. At the very least a website builds a dummy profile of you, but more likely they're getting access to algorithms that report back to a mothership so that they can all track where you go. I've gotten something mentioned in a work email, then open my streaming box to my TV and BINGO that very subject matter is the first ad I see.

Katatonia likes this.
  13. Katatonia

... and it was just delivered in my mailbox! :eek:

Damn late USPS runs...

EDIT: Wait, no... it was not! o_O It was a shipment from Diabolik, but the "Your order has been delivered!" email was from Cauldron Films. I thought that seemed way too fast.

I can't say that's ever happened before with a Diabolik order, but they're both run by Jesse.

Last edited: May 19, 2022 at 12:47 AM