New Label - Cauldron Films (Sergio Martino's American Rickshaw + Abrakadabra)

Discussion in 'General' started by Katatonia, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Christy

Christy Active Member

About time Spanish horror films got some love!

2. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Yeah. Me neither.

All I can find.

I guess this is the zombie stuff?

[​IMG]

3. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

On Friday 10/23, Cauldron Films will begin taking preorders for the Worldwide Blu-ray premiere of Sergio Pastore's 1972 stylish and bloody Italian Giallo THE CRIMES OF THE BLACK CAT along with the previously announced BEYOND TERROR. These two titles will be available alone or together in a specially priced bundle PLUS other surprises ! All details will be revealed this Friday.

The limited editions of both AMERICAN RICKSHAW and ABRAKADABRA are sold out but the retail versions will be in stock and shipping this week from the Cauldron store and will be available everywhere in December.

https://www.facebook.com/cauldronfilms/photos/a.137757051085074/202822821245163/

[​IMG]

Katatonia likes this.
  4. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

The new blu-rays are currently available to pre-order.

5. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    Oh, yes, this was TEMPTING. So I bit with the bundle pre-order AND two t-shirts of "Crimes/Cat" in two different sizes due to my love/hate relationship with fast food. I saw Crimes/Cat on Youtube when the Covid Virus struck the USA and I just LOVED it. I used to see the import DVD at Tower Records in the Castro and always regretted not buying it. Nice to see this one and I'm happy to support this little company.

6. scott71670

scott71670 Well-Known Member

Far out. I just saw Beyond Terror a few months ago. Tight little movie, visually has a very Breakfast at Manchester Morgue feel. Bleak, doomed vibes abound.

7. Christy

Christy Active Member

Where did you see it? o_O

8. scott71670

scott71670 Well-Known Member

My vault has over 17000 dvds and videotapes. Every day I throw open my lid, check my mailbox for dvds and vhs, and cathode by candlelight at the intersection of MRE and VCR. Give up, tune in, drop out. Feeding my head on a regular diet of horror, vintage television, and dubbing to dvd a gay vintage sm vhs collection I recently inherited from a friend of a friend who died from autoerotic asphyxiation (anyone thinking of grooving on that, DONT)

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
  9. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

Just received my limited edition copy of Beyond Terror. Very nice. I was expecting it to have a standard slip cover, but it's a slip-CASE. I overlooked that in the description. It's a thing of beauty!

Looking forward to watching it tonight after work.

10. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

The newest pre-orders are up for sale today.

Katatonia likes this.
  11. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

^^ Anyone seen either of these before? I would have rather been more excited for some older movies again...

12. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

I’d watch them if they were on Shudder but I’m not going to blind buy something in the last 20 years. They’re not usually my cup of Euro Horror.

13. Suicide

Suicide Space Bastard!

I've seen 1974: La posesión de Altair and it's good if you're into found footage stuff. As the title says it's set in 1974 and it was shot on 8mm to look like home movies from the 70s and it really looks pretty authentic. I saw it 2 years ago so I don't really remember much about it. Not because it wasn't memorable, I just have a pretty bad memory and I've probably seen like 900 movies since I saw it. I'll probably get it, although I'm not sure I want to spend quite as much as they're asking for it.

14. MaxRenn

MaxRenn Active Member

I own the DVD of Collingswood Story which I think I ordered straight from the director. It has been over 10 years since I last saw it but I remember it being a pretty neat ghost/horror story and is the predecessor to a movie like Host or Searching that takes place entirely on screens. It's ultra low budget (there are really only 3 or 4 characters) but still well constructed especially for the year it was made (2002). It uses old versions of current technologies - mainly video chat and messaging - so the historical aspect of it may interest some. But I could see some finding it dated and there was nothing particularly original in the story. Definitely worth a watch for its historical significance.