New Anchor Bay UK Phantasm Box Set

Discussion in 'General' started by Midnight Buddha, Jul 26, 2005.

1. Midnight Buddha

Midnight Buddha Member

2. Demon

Demon Don't Fuck With Dolly!

Everyone knows I'm the biggest fan of the Phantasm series.......but to me the sphere casing looks cheap.

3. MarcMorris

MarcMorris Guest

That's not a photograph - it's a 3D rendered MOCK-UP! As stated above the pics, photographs will be posted at a later date.

4. Demon

you're right I just looked back at the article.......maybe the pics will look better.

5. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

That packaging sucks. The way the disks fit in there with the styrofoam looks like it would scratch those disks all to hell. But I'm not region free anyway so I don't have to think much on it.

6. PMcG_6

PMcG_6 Guest

Meh... It's kinda cool. I'll be keeping tabs on it. I'm assuming there will be a booklet of some sort included somehow?

7. tobaccoman

tobaccoman White, Proud, and Stupid

Well, I'll be interested in seeing the final packaging because what is shown there looks absolutely awful. I just want Phantasm II since I already have the original an OblIVion, I wasn't a big fan of the third, but if the set looks good I'll jump on it.

8. Stige

Stige Well-Known Member

and I just ordered the six disc quadrilogy from Germany, *SIGH* Hopefully this will look better than the cheap hellraiser box they used
    Will probably buy this too, even though I don't care for the films. why because I'm an idiot.............

9. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

If that's the way the discs will be housed in the final mockup... eh, I'll go for the digipak edition, the Hellraiser gatefold digipak was cool as hell. I could really care less about the package eye-candy crap. It might be a 3-D rendering, but it looks cheap.

10. patmcgahern

patmcgahern Guest

:rolleyes:
    Pretty big statement to make, but I bet that not only are you not the biggest fan, but that not everyone knows!

As for that packaging, I love ABUK and their gimmicky packaging, so I'll be onto this like flies on rice!

11. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

Judging by the vibe in the Blind Dead boxset thread, if a boxset like this (specifically the ball) was done with better quality, it would sell for so much more. Then everyone would complain about how expensive it is being sold for.

But yeah, the discs themselves need more protection. The ball is cool.

I think the Phantasm boxset looks pretty slick and will probably buy it. My only fear is that all these cool boxsets coming out will be replaced with HiDef versions a year from now.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2005
  12. Demon

LOL what the fuck, I didn't mean it like "I was the biggest phantasm period" I was just meaning that I'm a big fan (especially for this board where few appreciate the films from what I've seen). But if you want me to prove to you that I'm a big Phantasm phan I'll definatly oblige you. That packaging looks shitty is all I was trying to say.

13. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

Flies like rice?

If the actual packaging ends up awesome, I may have to get it just to look at for now because I'm not region-free. I'm definitely concerned about the discs getting scratched, though.

14. BloodMan

BloodMan Kill Time B4 It Kills You

That shit better come in some kind of box or something, cuz that will roll about and lean on its lil speary things... looks quite silly the way they got the discs set in that, or plan to have em set in that... We'll see.

15. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

This set is SO mine! I have been waiting forever to get Parts II and III on DVD, and it'll be awesome to have new extras for the original and OblIVion too. Anyway, that packaging looks cool, but I agree the discs look like they'd get scratched.

16. DeathDealer

DeathDealer I Inhale Horror

THose sharp things sticking out looks easily breakable.

It looks like cheap plastic.

17. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

They're not real pics.

18. I'm definately going to be keeping my eye out for this one. The packaging had potential, and would make a nice addition to the collection.

19. Dave

Dave Pimp

I'll get it either way as I love the series. I've even warmed to Oblivion a bit. Hopefully the packaging will be good, but with Cosarelli involved, I'm really just looking forward to the extras.

20. from the original (linked) post: