My Bloody Valentine Special Edition In The Works!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by vampyr789, Oct 28, 2008.

1. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

So can anyone confirm that every missing kill is intact? Other then of course the drill scene...

2. SickNick89

SickNick89 Member

yes, it's all there. the only thing you don't see is the drill kill. just the aftermath.

3. vampyr789

vampyr789 9, 10. Never Sleep Again.

Damn!! i really wanted to see that!! oh well, i guess that we dont see it makes it a bit more creepy...

to me, howard's death was pretty much the one that made no sense at all (cut) on second he has his head, cut to girl's faces, then u see his body landing on the ground w/o his head... i cant wait to see his head & neck acutally spearate!!! btw, i think patty's death was always like that.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2009
  4. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

I'd assume it's very much inspired by the film's plot? Pretty simple tune, really. :)

~Matt

5. vampyr789

yeah i didnt think about that lol...me being stupid again :D

6. Shlockjock81

Shlockjock81 New Member

The info from my friend who works at Rue-Morgue suggests that we should be there about an hour before they go on sale. Apparently when Troll 2 was shown, they ended up selling it out. Considering this is one of the most highly requested titles for an uncut release in the past 30 years, I'm guessing this one will sell out too. I don't care how cold it is... I'm waiting in line an hour before lol. There's a Burger King across the street... so there's salvation yet lol.

7. promnight13

promnight13 New Member

I was lucky to score an advanced copy yesterday and watched the new version last night. Some of the new scenes are still majorly burned in my head this morning. :)

In my opinion, I would say that Sylvia's death scene is the one that now feels the most brutal. Watching the actual impalement and her body twitching was just sick (in a good way).

Mabel's new "tumble dry" scenes and the bartender's "eye gouge" are nice too. I was in shock of how much longer the movie now lingers on Mabel's aftermath with her bounching around in the dryer. So mean considering she was portrayed as a sweet old lady.

Loved the new "boil face in the hot dogs" scene (even though it wasn't gory but I laughed my ass off) and Axel's flashback as a kid (one quick splatter of blood - you'll know what I'm talking about when you see it - makes the difference).

The Nail gun scene is now extra hardcore - not gory, just more sadistic and longer. Howard's head rip is great in two places too.

I am still in shock that this version is now official out there. In my wildest dreams, I never thought this would ever see the lihgt of day. The DVD producers, George Milhalka, Lionsgate and Paramount should ALL be commended highly for this release.

8. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

For the boiling scene do you actually see the chunks of skin boiling off? I thought I read that somewhere. I guess I could just wait and see, but damn, I need to know everything!

9. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

That's what I mean, do you actually see this during the kill?

10. promnight13

promnight13 New Member

You see some of the flesh come off a little bit but it is not very gory. (Just want to manage expectations.) Personally, the "head dunk" scene in HALLOWEEN II is more vicious. But, its a riot to see hot dogs floating around at one point.

11. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Thanks for the info. I was thinking of getting there two hours early, as I heard from a friend, sometimes it gets that crazy. But an hour is a lot better, I just want to make sure I get tickets, and good seats. Nothing worse then sitting in a theater in the front row, your neck starts to hurt after a while, and I hate having to move my head with the action. And nice to know there is a Burger King across the street. if the line up isn't that bad, I may just have to run across and get some food!

12. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Cool, thanks for the info! I'm excited either way just to be able to see any of the deaths. The original cut was still amazing (One of my fav. slashers), but it definitely lacked from all the kills being cut.

13. hellraiser40

hellraiser40 Well-Known Member

this has shipped today, can't wait to see it!

14. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

I just pre-ordered through Amazon. Figure I might as well since my local Best Buy is quite unreliable with horror titles.

15. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

16. vampyr789

that review is great. much better than the last one i read!! :D

17. vampyr789

only 4 days away!!! :banana:

18. Kolpitz

Kolpitz Purely and Simply Evil

Maybe someone will ask Mihalka about the excised drill bit kill at the Q&A and, if they don't, someone on here better! He talks about it in great detail in that interview, to the point that I believe it had to have been filmed. Maybe it was truly lost, unlike the rest of the footage. Or maybe Mihalka revisited it and thought the scene worked better without the gore, although I doubt it because, once again, in that interview he seems to be pretty upset that it was cut. It's just odd that this one kill is still missing.

19. Buddusky

Buddusky New Member

I agree. The way he talks in the interview about that scene and remembering all the details on how it was done it must have been filmed. If the cut scenes were added back into the film from the prints found maybe this scene was lost. I wonder if anyone checked the original negative Dunning has to see if the scene was in that.

20. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

i am pretty sure the scene is lost or something because it should be with all the other kill scenes me thinks