Mutant (aka Night Shadows)

Discussion in 'General' started by Cujo108, Jun 15, 2003.

1. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

anyone seen the newer genius entertainment/liberation dvd
    i watched it the other night and the picture quality was very clear where as opposed to the vhs alot of scenes you couldn't see what was going on i thought i'd share about it also has 5 trailers as a bonus feature
    1.mutant
    2.univited cheesy killer cat movie
    3.one dark night trailer
    4.tunnels john saxon film
    5.mortuary bill paxton slasher
    it kinda makes me wonder if they own the rights to these with the exception of one dark night check out this dvd with excellent widescreen picture and sound

http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_item.asp?item_id=1174806

Last edited: Mar 24, 2009
  2. Myron Breck

Myron Breck Boom Shanka

I didn't realize that there was a new DVD of this one. No new features, huh? I had hoped that Dark Sky would do a SE (along with KINGDOM OF THE SPIDERS) since they got the director's participation on THE DARK.

3. JBPumpkin

JBPumpkin New Member

I always intend to order this, but it seems to somehow slip my mind whenever I'm shopping.

It's a really cool flick, and I had a mad crush on Lee Montgomery back in the day. Why? Dunno.

Speaking of which... I also really enjoy another of his pictures: The Midnight Hour. That oop DVD is one of my prized possessions! Anybody else remember that made-for-tv gem?

4. fceurich39

5. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

The "new DVD" has actually been out for a couple of years. They even had it to rent at Blockbuster surprisingly.

I have the old Elite DVD release which was 16x9, probably the same transfer.

6. eric_angelus

eric_angelus Testacular

I have always been a fan of going way back to the Vestron VHS days. I remember seeing a ton of TV spots for it, under the Night Shadows title, but I am pretty sure it never actually came to any theaters or drive-ins near me.
    It has a really nice, classy vibe to it that kind of defies the budget...and Wings is awesome as always! I would probably call it one of the best American Zombie movies of the 80s.

7. Harry Warden

Harry Warden Well-Known Member

I got the Elite disc of Mutant a few years ago in Pittsburgh for under 10 bucks. Great little flick. It's spooky and I'm a huge fan of Wings Hauser who stars in Mutant. I remember Fangoria had it on the cover of one of their early issues in the 80's, but I never had a chance to see it til I bought the DVD. Very glad I did.

8. Mr. Cole

Mr. Cole Member

Can anyone explain why there is an alien's face with sharp teeth on the cover of this video box? I remember renting this flick as a kid and being disappointed that there were no monsters, only zombies. Maybe I missed something...

With that said, it sounds like it's time to give this another try

9. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

So is the 2006 Liberation disc the same as the Elite disc quality wise? Also what about the Miracle disc that came out in 2005?

10. fceurich39

QUOTE=Mr. Cole;587114]Can anyone explain why there is an alien's face with sharp teeth on the cover of this video box? I remember renting this flick as a kid and being disappointed that there were no monsters, only zombies. Maybe I missed something...

With that said, it sounds like it's time to give this another try[/QUOTE]

i know it's very strange about the alien it is on the newest dvd release back cover as well

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 26, 2009