Multimedia and Fair Use

Discussion in 'General' started by hojimoji, Feb 26, 2001.

1. hojimoji

hojimoji Member

"It won't be in every review,... because the studio won't let us add clips"

"...the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in
    copies...for purposes such as criticism, comment... is not an infringement of copyright."

Can the studios really stop you if you want to put up media clips, this is a review site?

I would understand not wanting to provoke the ire of the studios, but really Fair Use says you can post clips for review purposes. That is, unless my ability to interpret English has gone out the window. Am I wrong in my interpretation?

G.

2. Dave

Dave Pimp

Hmmmm....

I usually try to get permission from the studios to post trailers, include video clips, etc. I'm not sure on all the laws. Perhaps it would be legal for me to post any sort of media in reviews. It's not really a good idea to get on the studios bad side, you know? I mean, I'd never try to kiss their ass or anything, but I'd like to maintain a somewhat good relationship with them.

Only one from the few I've asked have said they don't want me putting up clips.

Also, if you guys want to recommend any small scenes I should cap., let me know.

3. mutleyhyde

mutleyhyde Fuck it.

Tree rape, tree rape!!

4. hojimoji

hojimoji Member

Your a sick, sick man mutleyhyde. I like your style. :)

5. AceRimRat

AceRimRat Guest

What was it Campbell says on the Elite commentary... "This is where we lose about a third of the female audience. I can't remember why. [WHAM! tree limb to the you-know-what] Oh yeah, that's why."