Mondo Macabro goes Blu

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by zbinks, Apr 11, 2014.

1. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

Nothing for me this time. I wouldn’t be opposed to watching them, but they all sound a bit too misogynistic and rapey for blind buys or to have as part of my collection.

2. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

**PRE-ORDER ON AUGUST 12th at 9 AM Pacific/12 noon Eastern. Shipping is tentatively scheduled to begin in late August or early September. Limit one copy per customer**

***PLEASE NOTE that any item purchased along with this pre-order will not ship until all items are available. SORRY WE CANNOT COMBINE ORDERS WITH PRE-SALE ITEMS WITH ANOTHER SEPARATE ORDER.***

****NEW POLICY ALERT! DUE TO PAYPAL'S NEW FEE POLICIES WE CAN LONGER ACCEPT CANCELLATIONS OF PRE-ORDERS! MAKE SURE YOU ARE READY AND ABLE TO MAKE THE PURCHASE BEFORE CHECKING OUT!****

THE DESIGNATED VICTIM - Limited Red Case Edition $28.00 Numbered edition of 1500 in the usual red case. Promo trailer

HUMAN ANIMALS - Limited Red Case Edition $27.00 Numbered edition of 1200 in the usual red case. Promo trailer

IT'S NOTHING MAMA, JUST A GAME - Limited Red Case Edition $28.00 Numbered edition of 1200 in the usual red case. Promo trailer

**Please note these are leftover un-numbered copies of the limited edition. Same as the numbered in every way, except for the number**
    SILIP: DAUGHTERS OF EVE - Limited Red Case Edition $25.00 "70 or so extra copies"

THE FRENCHMAN'S GARDEN - Limited Red Case Edition $25.00 "70 or so extra copies"

From our friends at Le Chat Qui Fume in France comes the Ultra Hi-Def debut of Jean Rollin, in one of his most fun and bizarre films!
    * This will ship out at the same time as our three new LEs*
    BACCHANALES SEXUELLES - UHD/Blu-ray $33.00 300 copies

russweiss likes this.
  3. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

The limited titles are now available.

4. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

I'm surprised to see the August LE's have not yet sold out. Some people are so uncouth. ;)

5. russweiss

August's limited editions are now shipping.

6. maybrick

None of them look up my alley to me. But I did just receive a used copy of The Devil's Nightmare in the mail today.

7. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Arrived today:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

russweiss likes this.
  8. russweiss

Not sure how you get the top numbers. I placed my order within the first minute and ended up with 61 and 62 on all titles.

Katatonia likes this.
  9. Katatonia

You just have to be fast getting the order in. I do it more so they'll ship out faster than receiving any super low numbers.

10. maybrick

And apparently buy all three of their new releases like a suck-up. Only want one? You get #117! Lol!

11. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Katatonia and russweiss like this.
  12. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

3rd of 4 announcements? I missed the first two - what were they?

I'm a collector so I understand why people go nuts over things like slipcovers, booklets and such but I'll never understand the obsession with low print numbers. Discs and BD sleeves are replicated en masse - what difference does it make if you get #1 or #1001? Not trying to be a jerk but I seriously would like to know.

13. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

Femina Ridens
    [​IMG]

and

Hiruko the Goblin
    [​IMG]

elDomenechHDG likes this.
  14. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

It's got to be a psychological thing, as for those who think having a low number is better on an LE probably feel like they are "at the front of the line." It makes them feel they are ahead of others somehow, even though it's got no monetary value but offers them a psychological reward in a way. It's a trait of OCD, specifically the "symmetry" type of OCD (so double that up with the "hoarder" type of OCD, which most of us who collect niche things actually have, and it presents them with more of a reward when they obtain a low number).

15. Katatonia

Like I've said before numerous times here, I honestly don't really give a flying shit if I get # 0002 or 2000. I order as fast as I can so it will ship out faster. Since MM ships out in sequence, the longer you wait around, the longer it's going to take to ship. It doesn't cost a cent more to simply get your order in and submitted quickly. Any low numbers received is just icing on the cake. Jared hasn't even packed all of the pre-orders yet, and all you hear is the like of "Has my order shipped yet?!?"

Last edited: Sep 24, 2021 at 2:16 PM
    russweiss likes this.
  16. maybrick

I’ll probably pick up Femina Ridens and some of the back catalog during the sale (Satantico Pandemonium and The Devil Incarnate, maybe Inquisition.

17. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

There was a weird glitch when I placed my last order at Mondo so wasn't able to check out quickly. As a result, my order took a while to ship but it finally did. It arrived super fast, though, so the bit of waiting time for it to ship was sort of negated. Still, none of this matters because I have everything shipped to my job and I'm on vacation lol.

I own about 30 Mondo Macabro titles. If I've looked at the spine numbers once that was a lot. It's just a silly number.