Lionsgate releases Chud 2, Ghoulies III and The Unholy on DVD

Discussion in 'General' started by MisterTwister, Mar 16, 2012.

1. thehellyousay

thehellyousay New Member

Hey everyone, I just got back from a mini "tour" with the family and dropped into a couple of Wal-Marts along the way to see if I could get one of the sets with The Unholy.

If you are in the Raleigh, NC area I found several at the Wal-Mart on Glenwood (sp?). They had several of the Unholy set (I picked up 4 extra) as well as a few Reanimator and ROLTD (I picked up 1 for me). I also saw the Hellraiser set and The Prophecy set there.

While in the DC area, I stopped into one for some baby supplies and took a quick glance and saw 2 of The Unholy sets just sitting on top. I wish I could remember exactly which one... it was in Maryland on Federick?!

I saw a Blood Diner set at one of the stores... just can't remember which.

Before I left 2 weeks ago, a couple of the stores near where I live in the Chattanooga, TN area had the My Chauffeur sets.

Soooo, if anyone still wants a copy of The Unholy set I have 4 up for grabs for $15 each.

2. WesReviews

WesReviews Active Member

What all is on this set?

3. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Already mentioned a few pages back:

4. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Still nothing here, and it's down to 2 bins from 3. Of course the one missing is the one I hid the comedy sets in, now I can't find them at all. Still never seen the other sets in store.

5. WesReviews

WesReviews Active Member

Sorry, must've missed it. :eek:

6. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

Fucking elitists.

Last edited: May 22, 2012
  7. Korngold

Korngold New Member

Did you see the Robert Englund cameo?

Yeah, you're right. It went the Troll/Troll 2 route where only the title seems to have carried over. In fact Class of 1984 and Class of 1999 were pretty different too. The thing that gets me is, for a sequel, the monster is so different than the original monster. You want to go comedy? Fine, Seed of Chucky, ROTLD, and arguably Jason Lives have farmed similar territory. Still not awful, but just... there.

Also, it didn't help me that one of the leads was in the 80's sitcom, head of the class.

Now a movie from the dvd I did like? 976-Evil 2. That movie sequence with the best friend was friggin' scary.

8. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

Yup - a quick 2 second walk-through. Was that supposed to mean something or was he just doing the Director a favor? :). Just saw Ghoulies III - it was OK for a few laughs but overall it was forgettable. Another "has-been" coasting through his later years by doing weird cameo appearances in no-budget DTV movies. Except the guy from Body Snatchers (can't believe I don't remember his name) was one of the main cast! How do these folks end up in these movies? I wonder if they actually audition for their roles or if they just know some of the people making the films and agree to appear in them. How many other former sitcom stars and other assorted retired actors I'm going to see in the other movies in this set?

Up next - Waxwork.

9. Korngold

Korngold New Member

To be honest, I think the majority do it for the money or diversify their resumes/reinvent themself.

Betsy Palmer has stated numerous times she did Friday the 13th because she wanted to get a car.

10. Shawn Francis

Shawn Francis New Member

Looks like Lionsgate has got a new collection out. An 8 Movie ACTION one. All I remember is THE BASE, THE BASE II, DETENTION, THE PUNISHER ('89) and EXTREME JUSTICE. I took note because of the EXTREME JUSTICE movie. It's a nice little actioner with Lou Diamond Phillips and Scott Glenn that debuted on cable back in 1993. No mention on any of the aspect ratios though. It was in the 5 dollar bin at the local Wal-Mart.

11. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

The 8-movie Action set has been in the $5 dump bin at Wal-mart for a long time now. I bought it back in mid-March.

The aspect ratios are mixed, some are 16x9 and some are full frame.

12. Shawn Francis

Shawn Francis New Member

That shows are behind my local Wal-Mart, since they're just getting this collection from March. I guess that means those two Horror Collection might be available up here late summer.

13. Zillamon51

Zillamon51 Member

I just found Action Collection 1 yesterday as well. The full 8-movie lineup is: The Base 1 & 2, The Borderline, Hidden Agenda, Detention, The Punisher (Dolph Lundgren), Diplomatic Siege, and Extreme Justice. Lots of Lundgren in that set.

BTW, I still haven't found Horror Collection 1 w/ the Re-Animator and ROTLD movies. Anyone want to trade for the Bloody Murder horror set, or the Comedy or Action Collections?

14. Korngold

Korngold New Member

Yeah, I can do it for the bloody murder series or the comedy set I guess. Never saw them so I should get around to watching them.

Also I have an extra class of 1999, 976-evil 2, etc. 8 pk if any one wants it.

15. Gore Lunatic

Gore Lunatic Violenza Carnale

Just a heads up, Deep Discount has the Bloody Murder set for $5.74. I couldn't find it at any the the Wal-marts in my area so I went ahead and ordered it there instead. It was part of their May Horror sale.

16. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

If I'm not mistaken, the one at Wal-Mart for $5 has 8 films. The one on DeepDiscount only has 4 movies.

17. Gore Lunatic

Gore Lunatic Violenza Carnale

Poopie. I thought there was only one version of that set that was out. Oh well...I wanted the set specifically for the Bloody Murder films anyway so I'll just settle with the one I got. Is anybody else getting a little tired of looking for these sets?

Last edited: May 12, 2012
  18. Zillamon51

Zillamon51 Member

PM sent.

19. skinnypuppy

skinnypuppy New Member

How come these sets are only being distributed at Walmart? Anyone think they will show up more at Halloween?
    Being up in Canada, I'm starting to think I'll never see em.

20. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Random bump to point out that despite my half-hearted digging every trip to Wally, at least once a week, I still have yet to see any but the Bloody Murder, Comedy and After Dark 3 sets. :(
    I now believe they were regional for some dumbfuck reason, unless they broke street date by a fucking year.:eek: Since most titles don't ship until a few months tops before release date, this sounds almost impossible. :confused:

Thanks again for helping me out HorrorPhilly!:D