"Last House on the Left" will be on MGM HD

Discussion in 'General' started by hotbodynick, Oct 20, 2008.

1. hotbodynick

hotbodynick New Member

... this upcoming Wednesday night (10/22) in case you care to check it out. I'm not sure if they're showing the R-rated version MGM re-released on VHS or if they're showing the unrated version they put out on DVD. Dish Network's schedule and the MGM HD website list it as rated R. Who knows. But I figured if anybody wanted to check it out, there ya go.

2. rhett

rhett Administrator

Only a matter of time until the Blu-ray then. :banana:

3. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

...Will it be barebones, though? I mean, this IS MGM...

~Matt

4. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

Is it possible for this one to look any better than the DVD? I realize film is a higher resolution than 480p but the last release (which was stellar) didn't exactly shine in the video department when compared to other standard DVD releases. I'm sure it has to do with the elements available but that is why I wonder this.

That aside I'd be happy to double-dip this one as long as the old extras carry over with a new one or 2 exclusive to blu.

5. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Well, the added resolution of 1080p would benefit the film, no doubt. Just like it was a benefit to The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

~Matt

6. Rocker416

Rocker416 Member

Just got the DirecTV HD service less than 2 weeks ago.........haven't had a full night's sleep since!
    Last House is one of my faves, so I'll be checking this out for sure!

7. hotbodynick

hotbodynick New Member

Holy crap! That was definitely not the R rated version as is stated before the movie starts! I don't remember it being so extreme! Maybe it was because it was in HD, maybe it was because I hadn't seen it in a few years, but seeing it again this time was like being kicked in the nuts! The detail and image quality was incredible and you see every drop of blood like you're actually there watching it go down, and you can almost smell the autumn forest leaves.

I don't want to hype it too much because then it's a letdown for anybody else, but if you get a chance to see it on MGM HD, it was insane.

8. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Well, I hope that the blu-ray really comes out soon. Probably won't be until this time next year. But FIRST MGM really has to get their act together when it comes to blu-ray releases. Ridiculously high prices (in the $30 range) for films that have no special features, and the fact that they've released very few blu-rays this year (I think they were the only major studio who had released so few) doesn't look very good on their part. We can only hope.

~Matt

9. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

I'll buy the blu-ray.

Attached Files: