Kino - Forbidden Fruits series

Discussion in 'General' started by hellraiser40, May 6, 2021.

1. hellraiser40

hellraiser40 Well-Known Member

Dear,

Kino have been releasing these old exploitation films. If i've seen correctly, there have been 10 releases up until now.

Can anyone give recommendations on these or their opinions?

Also, I reckon these are region A, though some seem to be region free, can ayone also give more info on that?

thanks in advance

2. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

So far there are 10 with an 11th, Girl Gang/Pin-Down Girl, coming 7/20; I got the first 9 and plan to keep current with the series. As far as the quality of the ones I've watched so far goes they've all been pretty good, some were even surprisingly good (like Mom & Dad, iirc...). The movies themselves have been a lot of fun too although I could see people being bored by them because for the most part all of this stuff is as extremely tame as you would expect given the age of these movies. The main exception was Mom & Dad, which for most of the movie is a teen pregnancy drama but then at the end you get hit with a barrage of child birth and VD mangled genitalia (one of the guys looked like someone stuck a firecracker down his pee hole and then set it off.. lol) footage + a VD infected baby. The one I enjoyed the most was probably the Marihuana/Narcotic double feature due to both seeming slightly more ridiculous than movies like this usually are.

I’m not sure about the regional coding but I notice on the Kino site that some of them say “US and Canada only” so I assume those are region A (None of the listings actually says anything about region...) while the rest are ABC but I’ll have a look at the 9 I have later.

Last edited: May 6, 2021
  3. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

As per the back of the sleeves, 1 - 9 are all ABC. I could have sworn one was A but they all say ABC. If there's a particular one you're interested in I'll check it with AnyDVD HD.

4. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Great to hear the notorious Mom & Dad has an especially good transfer or maybe not... :D

I've been holding off on these for a Kino sale but Ingagi has been especially temping. That's been so infamous but so difficult to get to see that I want to secure any edition out there immediately.

5. hellraiser40

I already found a review on DVD Beaver of Test Tube Babies, which says it's region free. I don't understand why companies are never transparent about this :)

Thanks for your offer, could you check Ingagi? And maybe also the Narcotic one?

6. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

Just had a look and it doesn't list a region or ask me what region Ingagi or Marihuana/Narcotic are so I assume they're region free just like they say. (Was actually confused by the lack of it saying one way or another so I popped in a BD I knew was B and it said "Determined Region: B"...)

7. hellraiser40

OK, thanks for your effort!