Karen the movie

Discussion in 'General' started by ImmortalSlasher, Jun 24, 2021.

1. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

I don't really know why we need a Karen movie when we can see the real thing every day. Part of me thinks that so many of those Karen videos are setup and just for views or fame. But I know they aren't sadly.

The movie trailer.

I find this recent encounter with Karens in one of those Bath stores really shocking. People with candles and scent stuff seem like the non violent type. But not them. It's all an act I guess. I'm surprised how fast the store women jumped to the fight.

2. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

WOW that looks absolutely awful.

Colin likes this.
  3. ImmortalSlasher

It's probably not meant to be good. More the movie version of stuff like this.

There are a ton of them on youtube and reddit. The Central Park Karen one was when I picked up on the whole Karen thing. That made the news. But I think the virus and mask thing set them off. And of course having cameras to document it. Instead of a who believes who situation.

4. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Having worked retail for five years in my early 20s, a "Karen" movie sounds more triggering than entertaining to me. So, pass.

5. sinister

sinister Active Member

I'd watch it for laughs, these "Blame Whitey" movies are usually unintentionally funny and this looks like a classic. Just imagine it had a Monty Python intro and view it as pure satire and you'll have a great time.

6. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

I'm not sure why anyone would want to pay to watch Karen videos when they are readily available everywhere online. Most people would probably only be able to stomach 10-15 minutes of these self entitled asses anyway before needing to stop before their brains started to melt. Give me Flesh for Frankenstein and Blood For Dracula any day over this garbage.

hots4 likes this.
  7. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Maybe, but I just don't understand the point of it and who it's targeting. as others have noted here they can only stomach a few mins of these video's on youtube, the idea of a full movie, well it's beyond me. Also it's looks and plays like a Hallmark TV reject.

russweiss and othervoice1 like this.
  8. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

Ha.....made by Coke Daniels..... I'm a huge fan of his movies "Gangsta Rap" (which is almost a shot for shot rap version of Spinal Tap) and "Who Made the Potatoe salad"

9. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

The original Karen:

Copyboy likes this.
  10. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

I would watch this film if the ending has "Karen" kill everyone in the end. And have several sequels.

But it won't, so I'll pass. :p

11. sinister

sinister Active Member

Hmm this just appeared in my youtube recommendations... coincidence?

12. Copyboy

Copyboy Well-Known Member

I HATED this little bitch when I was a kid and always wondered why Joe Namath had such a horrible daughter. Couldn't stand that other little girl for the New England Aquarium who said, "I can walk like a penguin!" either. I'm sure her name was Karen too. When you live in New England the local commercials are the WORST because nobody knows how to pronounce anything. "Come on in tah Cah-vel fah yah Fudgie da Whale ice queem cake!"

maybrick likes this.
  13. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

LMFO, I honestly expected this to be a stupid comedy movie. The fact that it's a horror, oh my god, I can't.
    [​IMG]

That bitch is too damn calm to be a proper Karren anyway. Comedy or horror, this just seems so misguided. I'll stick to sad clips of real life Karren's thanks.

14. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

You’re correct, the other girl’s name was Karen, too:

Copyboy likes this.
  15. Suicide

Suicide Space Bastard!

My roommate is obsessed with those YouTube videos. It's literally the only thing he watches for entertainment these days, hours a day. I think his daughter said he'll listen to them while driving sometimes. I've known this guy for like 30 years, he used to watch less idiotic, more normal stuff, not sure what changed. I personally suffer from pretty severe anxiety, and this kind of stuff makes my anxiety go through the roof - I can't be in the same room when he's watching this shit. So I'm certainly going to skip this one, but I think he'll enjoy it.

16. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear you have anxiety issues, especially considering the name you use on the site. Since you've been a member for almost 20 years now I'll assume it's manageable. Covid and all the havoc it created must have been tough. We all wish you the best.

17. Suicide

Suicide Space Bastard!

Thanks for the concern, the username is just based on my avatar of my favorite character from my favorite movie, nothing I have planned or anything. I'm a fairly goofy, cheerful guy for the most part. My depression/anxiety symptoms are mostly boredom and irritability when things aren't going my way, and not sadness or a want to die.

Christy, Angelman, russweiss and 2 others like this.
  18. Copyboy

Copyboy Well-Known Member

Oh, sweet Jesus! I thought I was just kidding!

19. ImmortalSlasher

I hear some people talk about triggering from time to time. I had to look that up to see what it meant.

I never had a really bad retail experience. Either as a worker or customer. Usually it was as a worker it was being rushed. And as a customer having people not be as knowledgeable or helpful as they should be. Actually I think retail should take this reopening chance to be better.

Karen was always a pretty name to me. Sad how these women are giving it a bad rep.

I found the movie trailer from the Double Toasted guys on youtube. Usually check them and Beyond the Trailer to see if they found some new horror movies. I think it's a direct to video movie. So LMN or whatever.

The videos are entertaining. That's why I think they are staged at times. Like that Cheaters TV show. There was one episode that I'll never forget. The Grecco guy says hotel management on a door. A woman opens the door. We see a white guy wearing diapers tied to a bed. The woman is a giant black woman wearing leather and carrying a whip. I don't want to know what they were going to be up to that night.

20. sinister

sinister Active Member

Just watched this, my advice... do not even think about paying to view this movie. :D

Some terrible acting, the main character is mostly quite well done but sometimes manages to drop to the same appalling standard as the rest of the cast. Every cardboard cut-out, cartoon character "white trash" stereotype that you can imagine. Not one redeeming character in the entire plot - basically everyone is horrible in one way or another, I guess in that way it was perhaps more realistic than I was expecting.

That said, I did make it to the end and it was mostly pretty entertaining, though in that cringeworthy "so bad it's good" way. Quite a few laughs, some probably intentional, others not.

Overall, as a serious movie: 3/10, but as some kind of crazy satirical exploitation movie: 7/10. Worth a watch once for the lol's but please don't encourage them by actually paying for it.

Our culture really is going backwards at a faster and faster rate, it's going to be a hell of a ride while it lasts. :)