Identify these movies... again!

Discussion in 'General' started by Fistfuck, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Fistfuck

Fistfuck Slowest to 2000 posts

I tried these a few years back but they seem to have stumped the members here. I only remember one scene from each film, but remember them vividly (I think). All of these films I viewed in the early 90s and they were in color and fairly modern (at the time), so that narrows is down to 75-95ish.

1. Near the end of the film, a man is having a discussion with a female vampire in a bar. He tricks her into putting her hand in the pocket of a pool table. There's a knife in there and it stabs her in the hand. After he kills her, an older man (British?) comes in and speaks with our hero.

2. A man is with a group of people investigating a haunting in a house. There are green gooey footprints all over a room. The man peels one off the wall and sticks it to his face. I could have sworn at the time this was called The Boogeyman.

3. A young man, late teens/early 20s, wakes up at night and sees a woman hang herself above his bed. He starts screaming and in runs other young men who have pranked him and laugh at him. I believe there was a female love interest.

These have been killing me for years. Perhaps it's been so long my memories bear no resemblance to what the scenes actually are.

2. booper71

booper71 B-Zone on Roku

The one may be a episode of Monsters called "Pool Sharks", after the series ended they compiled the episodes to like 4-6 a vhs tape so they'd resemble a feature length movie release. I recall a vampire and pool table scene in that one.

3. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

2 is Mr. Boogedy

4. booper71

booper71 B-Zone on Roku

That is a disney pseudo horror that spawned sequels. A favorite of my nephews.

5. soxfan666

soxfan666 Well-Known Member

This is what I thought of, pretty close to the description. Chances are it is on YouTube many of the episodes are.

6. Fistfuck

booper, I think you're right on. I looked up the episode on YouTube and it has to be what I remember. Clearly my memory got distorted over 20 years. Can anyone remember what channel Monsters played on?

CPT HOOK, I'll track down a copy of Mr Boogedy to see if you're right.

7. booper71

booper71 B-Zone on Roku

Nbc perhaps.

8. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

2. Definitely sounds like My. Boogedy.

3. Kind of sounds like the beginning of Terror Train although I haven't seen it in a while so could be way off.

9. booper71

booper71 B-Zone on Roku

That is terror train

10. Fistfuck

Definitely not Terror Train. I've seen that in the interim and it's not the same film. The kid who gets pranked is the hero of the film and is pranked multiple times.

11. CPT HOOK

"Honey, look! The boogedy man walked all over me!"

[​IMG]

12. Fistfuck

YES! I totally remember that.

You guys are amazing.

13. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Yes, Terror Train has a guy getting into bed finding a dead woman and then a bunch of guys come in laughing at the prank. The guy is standing on the bed screaming & twisting in the white material/sheets from the canopy bed frame hanging down. So it looks like a body hanging because he's all wrapped up into them.

I know you said it definitely not it, but you gotta admit that's pretty dam close.

Moving on. You said the "hero" was pranked multiple times. What were some of the other pranks if you can remember?

And back to the first prank. Just to be clear, you said a woman hangs herself. The guy saw the woman "hang herself" or was it a woman hanging? Like she literally puts a rope around her neck and steps off a chair or something like that?

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  14. Fistfuck

Terror Train is totally damn close, but alas.

I can't remember any of the other pranks unfortunately. The more I think about it, maybe the girl wasn't hanging above the bed. I kind of remember her talking to him, but memory's fuzzy this many years removed. Perhaps she spoke to him before she hung herself. Regardless, after the hero starts screaming, that's when the other guys run in and it's revealed it was a dummy.

15. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

Okay... this one's got the guy, right age, alone in room, woman hanging above bed, he screams... but: he runs out of the room. And, no love interest. But, guys do laugh at him and when another woman goes in the room, they find it was a prank. So... I don't see, sans love interest, where this isn't it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbCXBg53Vz4

3:05 - 4:25

16. Fistfuck

I'm going to have to say yes, but man oh man is that not his I remembered it. Kinda scary when you think about how distorted your memory can get.

3 for 3 - thanks so much guys! You've solved a decades-long mystery.

17. startide

startide Member

:lol: I spent years searching for a book I remembered from my childhood. Just one problem. Said book didn't exist!! I have vivid memories of this book, and it might have existed, but not in the form and with the character I remember.

It's just odd that I have such vivid memories of it, and it never existed. (I collect the books that this character was in, and could never figure out why this book never came up in my searches...) So it's possible you've melded two memories into one.

18. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

I'm going to piggyback another movie ID request into this thread, since Fistfucks questions all seem to be answered. I remember a scene where some teenager driving a car passes a truck driver at night. the truck diver (or whatever) honks his horn at the kid, and the kid flips a switch or presses a button or something and a neon hand-shaped sign lights up in the rear windshield giving the truck driver the finger. i feel like this was some mainstream family film from the 80's, and it wouldn't surprise me if its something really widely known, but for whatever reason, i've just never happened to see it again.

19. CPT HOOK

My Science Project

20. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

haha

thanks, see, i knew it was something like that. thanks man.