I Spit on Your Grave ('78 & '10) coming Feb 8

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by blu, Nov 12, 2010.

1. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Definitely. I'll wait for some reviews about the A/V quality for sure now.

And the way Anchor Bay/Starz treats many of their lesser Blu-ray releases also gives me caution. Many of them actually have no menu or lossless audio, or any of the special features ported over from the old DVD's that they themselves released.

2. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

All new interview = fuck you. What new could be said?

I misread that for a second and thought the deleted scenes were for the 78 as well, was almost interested in that. With just an interview, the transfer better cook me dinner and rub my back. I'm keeping my ME for sure and doubt I'll pick up the Blu at all. Even a $10 sale sounds high for this... new interview... suck my nuts!

3. Mr. Eddy

Mr. Eddy Member

I own the Elite LD and the Millennium dvd. I'll watch it every now and then but not a movie that really needs an upgrade to me.

4. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Yeah it seems like the days of Anchor bay releasing quality releases is over, especially when it comes to catalog titles.

5. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

They just got the rights to the original I Spit On Your Grave, how is that sign that there done releasing quality releases? If anything it's a return to releasing classics.

6. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Especially on Blu they are cutting so many corners these days. Like Kat said before, shit with no menus, same 5.1 audio from the dvd, and not even bothering to bring the dvd extras along.

Not to say all they release is shit, Frozen was great and had all the bonus along with HD audio, but many of the older catalog titles are getting shafted. In the old days, this would've had all the Elite bonus material and more. Now I'm kinda surprised they even got a new interview, and this is their first crack at the film!:fucked:

7. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Yeah but it seems like they are putting little effort into it. Like Bigdaddyhorse said above, back in the day they would have included all the previous extras plus more, now it seems like they don't care as long as they can just throw the movie on Blu. A lot of their recent releases like Jack Brooks, Behind the Mask, Girl Next Door, Hellboy cartoons, Masters of Horror episodes, ect. they couldn't even be bothered to add a menu, let alone all their previous DVD extras. Evil Dead was a decent release, but should have been a lot better considering what they use to release. It should have been a 2 or 3 disc Blu Ray set (not 1 Blu Ray 1 DVD), and then they could have used the extra space to include all the extras so you didn't need to own the movie three times to have everything. Just seems like they're are not trying anymore.

8. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

I haven't been the biggest supporter of Blu-ray but I think it's a dick move on Anchor Bay's part to exclude extras previously available on the DVD editions.

9. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

agreed they could of easily ported over the extras from the millenium edition dvd i will probably just hold on to my elite dvd and get the remake on dvd

also another thing when anchor bay reaquired the rights to night of the demons they just went ahead and put copies back on the shelves they could of put the new hd master print on the dvd but nope

10. MisterTwister

I'll pick up the remake on DVD as well.

Anchor Bay is just plain lazy these days. They just don't care nearly as much anymore. What's the logic behind excluding all the extras on the Blu-ray editions? Blu-ray has more space on the disc yet instead of filling it up they decide to hold back.

Does anyone know the reason why Dark Sky got the rights to Hatchet II instead of Anchor Bay? I've been wondering about that for awhile now.

11. springjack

springjack New Member

Maybe they could not get the rights from Elite, don?t know, just a though.

Hatchet II is a separate movie, maybe Dark Sky arrived first...
    ________
    Synthetic weed

Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
  12. MisterTwister

Possibly so but what their other releases like Jack Brooks and Behind the Mask? Very strange.

I just find it odd they didn't release it since they have released all his previous films (Hatchet, Spiral, Frozen).

13. springjack

springjack New Member

Every release is a different deal.
    ________
    CMX250C

14. Zillamon51

Zillamon51 Member

I'm disappointed AB didn't get Hatchet II. I was able to see the first one at a local multiplex, but Part 2 came and went so quickly I missed it.

I too am disappointed w/ the way AB treats many catalog titles on BD. It seemed like they were getting better w/ releases like Hatchet and The Evil Dead (Limited Edition crap notwithstanding), but now ISOYG is a definite step backwards. Maybe it's like DVD all over again, they just dump things on the format as lazily as possible, knowing they'll be able to release the same titles in improved form later and end up selling them to us fans multiple times. :mad:

15. Nailwraps

16. springjack

springjack New Member

17. Nailwraps

18. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

weird i dunno what to believe that one link says joe bob briggs commentary and the other says it wont be ported over

19. springjack

springjack New Member

20. Nailwraps