HorrorHound Weekend

Discussion in 'General' started by welb25, Jul 6, 2007.

1. welb25

welb25 Member

This is happening about 15 min. away from me and I just found out about it today. Hmmm... might be worth checking out.

www.horrorhoundweekend.com

2. Devo1313

Devo1313 New Member

You forgot about G-Fest,the Godzilla convention as well.
    www.g-fan.com

3. 17thJuggalo

17thJuggalo Active Member

Looks like a good time, although I don't know how people can afford autographs at $20 bucks per celebrity. I learned my lesson last year at Monstermania.

4. Mark Relford

Mark Relford Chairman of the Bored

I'm also 15 mins. away from the convention. I've always wanted to meet Savini and Foree in person. My friend will be selling custom made Night of the Creeps dolls there. Nothing cool ever comes to Indy. So, I'm reeeal excited! Can't wait! :D

5. Nightbreed

Nightbreed New Member

any pics of them? are they for sale anywhere besides the convention?

6. Mark Relford

Expect some pics by tuesday. They're still available for $25.

The Horrorhound con was a blast! The guests were very friendly. (That included Savini. :D I've read several horror stories about him at cons.) I got autographs from Savini, Moseley, Foree, Tommy Lee Wallace, Haig, Sammy Terry, and the two zombies from the original Dawn. A Cropsy mask was also calling my name. Too much cool stuff to buy and not enough money. :( My friend, Mike had a killer Jason costume on. It was a mix of Jason Lives and New Blood. His picture will be up in the next issue of Horrorhound. The lucky bastard even made an appearance with Ari and his band. The november con looks very promising- Michael Biehn...Ken Kirzinger...Shawnee Smith...Rowdy Roddy Piper...Christina "One Eye" Lindberg, David Naughton...Stephen Geoffreys...Sybil Danning... Hope to see ya folks there!

7. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

I went to the one in Pittsburgh yesterday. I found out about it just a few days before it happened. I had to work, but a buddy and I stopped in for a couple hours. There were some first timers there that I had to meet. I got autographs of Ottaviano Dell'Acqua (Worm-eyed Zombie from Zombie) and Al Cliver (Zombie, The Beyond and many others). I also got John Amplas (Martin, Day of the Dead, Creepshow, etc.), Allan Trautman (Tarman from Return of the Living Dead 1/2) and Darryl Ferrucci (Fluffy from the Creepshow segment The Crate). My "Fluffy" picture is neat because I thought it was something he was selling, but I found out there was just one and that it was what he put out on his table so people knew who he was. He said I could buy it, so I snatched it up. They were all nice guys. I can get scans up if anyone wants to check them out.

8. Devo1313

Devo1313 New Member

I was down at Monsterbash the whole weekend. What is the report on HorrorHound? Fangoria in NJ? Anyone? How much were people charging,attendance?

9. 17thJuggalo

I was here on Saturday and it was ok. The convention was alot smaller than I thought it would be and there wasn't that many people there. It was $20 to get in, and most of the guest were charging $20 with Jason Mewes and John Landis charging $25. I got autographs from Ottaviano Dell'Acqua and Al Cliver because conventions never seem to book the Italian guys. Both of them were really nice.

Not sure if this will be back in Pittsburgh anytime soon because the turn out looked to be pretty bad.

10. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

It could pick up speed if they come back a couple more years and straighten some things out. I don't know if enough people know about it.

11. Mark Relford

One year later... Your dates are here!

Attached Files:

12. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

I'll be attending the one in the Detroit area this October. Should be fun.

13. Mark Relford

I wouldn't mind going to the Detroit one. Atkins & Dekker are on my wishlist for autographs. The rest of the lineup looks ok. The one in Indy wasn't bad. Derek Mears was one hell of a nice guy. He noticed my Walking Dead shirt and started talking about the series. Hope the remake goes well for him. One bad thing about these cons is the lack of good merch. Too many bootlegs and generic shit that you can find in stores...

14. Devo1313

Devo1313 New Member

There is so many conventions nowadays. I wish they would get more Italian people and I just talked with Simonetti and it looks like there may be a American Daemonia(Simonetti with his backing band) and possibly a mini Goblin reunion on some dates. Here's hoping someone like HorrorHound or Monstermania picks up these guys on their American convention dates.
    I do hope that HorrorHound can actually get a FULL Night of the Creeps reunion. That we the coolest thing they could ever do.
    Also,they need to start telling celebs to stop charging HUGE fees to autograph stuff. Man,I remember before 1995 everything was nice and free. What happened??!!

15. 17thJuggalo

Seriously. I can't bare to get more than 2 autographs at these things because it's tough to fathom handing someone a $20 dollar bill to write their name on a DVD that I brought.

16. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

I don't mind paying $20 for an autograph. That is my limit though. Some celebs, like Adam West charge as much as $40. Now that is a real tool. I also refuse to pay them to take a photo with me. If I ask them and they name a price, I just tell them "forget it", purposely saying it in a way that probably makes them feel like an asshole. Most celebs still do it for free though.

17. Mark Relford

Charging an additional fee for a photo is ridiculous. It should come with the autograph.
    I guess Michael Biehn was charging an extra $20 for a photo! Not too many people were at his table.

18. Spacevis

Spacevis Well-Known Member

Wow, this october HorroHound has a Night of the Creeps event. Sadly, no sign of Jill Whitlow. But Jason Lively, Tom Atkins and Fred Dekker will be there.

Does this mean a DVD is (finally) on it's way??