Horror Hound Weekend Indy 3.25-3.27

Discussion in 'General' started by Jason25, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Jason25

Jason25 Moderator

Anyone going to this convention? Bummed out that Dario Argento won't be there but it still should be a good show. Looking forward to getting a few things signed, especially my House By The Cemetery Laser as there are I believe 6 people from the film scheduled to appear.

http://www.horrorhoundweekend.com/shows/201103/default.shtml

2. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

Including "Bob!" :eek:

3. eric_angelus

eric_angelus Testacular

Wish I could...I would love to meet Diane Franklin and Stefania Casini!

4. Devo1313

Devo1313 New Member

I'll be there as well as most of the cons this year. Cinema Wasteland. G-Fest.Monsterbash.Motor City Con. Flashback Weekend. So many shows nowadays. I remember back in the early 90s it was just Fangoria and Chiller. HorrorHOund is usually fun but the $20 an autograph nonsense has to stop.

5. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

The sad thing is, $20 is becoming the low end of autograph charging. I've seen prick celebs like Adam West charge $80 and Ray Park charge a disgusting $100! Poor Star Wars fanboys lined up to be fleeced.

6. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

I can't fathom paying $80-100 for anyone's autograph who's still alive. I would pay $20 for Adam West and despite being a Star Wars nut, I can do without Ray Parks signature. The most I ever paid was $110 for a b/w signed photo from the main four cast members of Dawn of the Dead (the famous shot in the mall where they are posing with weapons). How awesome is that!

7. Chet Desmond Jr

Chet Desmond Jr New Member

I have this same photo signed by George Romero. I got it back in 1993 at the NOTLD 25th anniversary show. Most of the cast, including Romero and Russo, were signing for free. Times change!

8. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I wish I knew about this a few weeks sooner, I might have tried to make the trip.

I'd love to meet Robert Hall! He's been doing make-up effects for years, but I'm really loving his work as a director (especially Lightning Bug). He is definitely a horror filmmaker to keep an eye on, I'm really excited for Chromeskull.

I'd also love to meet Grant Cramer, Lawrence Monoson, and Diane Franklin!

Plus, Rhonda Shear!!!! I grew up watching USA Up All Night!

9. Devo1313

Devo1313 New Member

Up till 1995 all these celebs would have been free and then almost overnight the charging started. Dave Prowse was the very first I noticed charging at the Famous Monsters show in DC. After that it all started to go downhill. I'm so glad I got many of my items autographed before this all started.
    Many celebs/stars can be gotten through the mail easily for mere stamps instead of $20 an autograph through sites like www.fanmail.biz and www.star-collector.net. There's a couple others as well.
    I've gotten Argento many times through care of his store,Profondo Rosso in Italy. Also met him several times in person and yet have to "pay" for him to sign stuff. I'm sad he's not coming to HorrorHound but happy there won't be any raping of the fans ,charging who knows how much for people to stand in line and shell out their life savings to get an autograph.
    The quicker the protests and boycotts begin the the sooner this nonsense will be over. THis isn't the economy for this kind of thing.

10. Jason25

Jason25 Moderator

What a fun weekend. Took a ton of pics. It is always a neat thing to meet so many people who love horror as much as all of us do on this fine forum.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. booper71

booper71 B-Zone on Roku

I would have gone if I had known just to meet Tiffany Shepis and Angelina Armani.

12. Devo1313

Devo1313 New Member

To get that many signings on your House by the Cemetery and Killer Klowns items must have cost at least close to $160 to $200 just for those items alone. Now that is scary.
    I was there and the amount of charging for autographs was rampant. This may be the downfall of the horror convention society. Get them through the mail for a couple stamps.

13. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

Personally, I think an autograph is worthless if you haven't met the actor in person. Maybe the A listers making millions per film could get away with not charging, but most actors on the convention circuit are clearly living from role to role (if they're even in the game anymore). A fee is understandable given that they would somehow need to recoup their travel expenses. Otherwise, conventions would be relegated to mostly local talent or kept to big film production cities like New York or Los Angeles. There are a lot of conventions all over the place nowadays. How many were there back in the days when nobody charged for signatures?

14. eric_angelus

eric_angelus Testacular

Those look great! I have met a few House by the Cemetery cast members but did not have anything cool from the film for them to sign.