Home Sick 8-26-08 anyone check it out on dvd yet?

Discussion in 'General' started by fceurich39, Aug 29, 2008.

1. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

Is it anygood anyone seen it yet?

2. eric_angelus

eric_angelus Testacular

I really want to. I almost blind bought it at Best Buy the other day, because I do enjoy the Shepis...but I am trying to force myself not to buy as much...so I held off...sadly its on very long wait with netflix.

3. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I did the exact same thing. I almost bought it, but it just seemed too much, and from a review I read yesterday the DVD isn't even anamorphic. What's up with that Synapse? :eek2:

I'll try and rent it soon, but I didn't see it out on the shelves at Hastings/Blockbuster/Hollywood. Maybe Family Video has it, hmm. If not, netflix later on.

4. bruce h

bruce h Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

I helped Synapse run their table at the recent Horrorfind con and asked Don about this. He said the original elements were actually stolen from the director and all that currently exists were the original transfer elements used for editing. He tried bumping it up anamorphic but it introduced a lot of artifacts, so, unfortunately, the current version is as good as it's going to get (unless the original film materials somehow reappear).

5. fceurich39

picked it up finally and it is pretty good bill moseley's and tom towles scenes were great and has alot of great gore fx in it

only gripe i had was it didn't make much sense and bill moseley and tom towles didn't have alot of screen time other than that it was pretty good overall

6. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I gave Home Sick a refresher, since it is set around the holiday and I hadn't seen it since it was released. It starts decently enough, but sort of becomes a chore as it goes along. I'm guessing they only had Bill Moseley for a day, because after his effective intro scene, he never returns. Crazy to think this is the same filmmaker as You're Next or The Guest, but everybody starts somewhere.

fceurich39 likes this.
  7. fceurich39

I barely remember this movie and a horrible way to die but I watched you're next,the guest they still are great films I also still like Blair witch as well I know most don't.