Help me find this movie PLEASE

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by Semerrill, Feb 22, 2005.

1. Semerrill

Semerrill Member

does anyone know where i can get a copy of nightmare in a damaged brain i dont care if its a bootleg or whatever as long as it is uncut.

2. Semerrill

Semerrill Member

i found it at vsom under the title nightmare,has anyone ever ordered from them.

3. eric_angelus

eric_angelus Testacular

VSOM is a very good company. I used to get VHS from them all the time...I have never bought a DVD from them...but I can at least say they are not scam artists.

4. Semerrill

Semerrill Member

do they charge you a fee to join and order movies

5. RickMoe

RickMoe New Member

This probably won't help you find it but... I saw this classick, fully uncut on a BEAUTIFULL 35mm print in a theater! Back in the summer of 2000, one of the last independent theaters in Vancouver was hosting a collection of horror and slasher pictures with even some guest appearances. Some of the flicks they were showing was JUST BEFORE DAWN (uncut!), BLUE SUNSHINE, SQUIRM, THE BEYOND (Fulci, uncut!), BURIAL GROUND (zombies, uncut!), and many others. On the night that I was able to attend, I caught a double bill of Lucio Fulci's THE BEYOND and the uncut version of NIGHTMARE IN A DAMAGED BRAIN. Both of the prints looked STELLER, as this was just around the time THE BEYOND was having its GRINDHOUSE showings (with fully remastered picture and sound). I remember the tickets for each film cost an unbeleavable $5 each(!), and I even got a commemorative booklet of the films being shown. They were also handing out color reprints of stills from Fulci's other famous works, and they raffled off about 10 different DVDs to members of the audience (DVDs like CITY OF THE LIVING DEAD and INFERNO). The guest speakers included Jeff Leiberman and other horror directors! It was an unbeleavable night, probably a once in a lifetime experience. Here's hoping something like this will happen again soon.

I remember there was a VHS release in US/CANADA that contained the full uncut version of NIGHTMARE IN A DAMAGED BRAIN, but it was under the title of NIGHTMARE. I forget what company put it out (it could have been VSOM like you mentioned), but the cover had this skinny, tall guy stepping out of a mirror on the cover. He was wearing a brown-tan trenchcoat and a hat. It was a pretty simple cover... but a hell-of-a gory movie.

6. Semerrill

Semerrill Member

do any of you know of a site like vsom that sells this movie uncut

7. Semerrill

Semerrill Member

does vsom make covers for dvds

8. speanroc

speanroc I WANNA BAN

Last edited: Feb 22, 2005
  9. Semerrill

Semerrill Member

they dont sell the dvd though,do you know of a site other than vsom that sells this on dvd

10. MrVess

MrVess Guest

As far as "alternate" sources are concerned, I seem to recall seeing a DivX or Xvid rip of this title on an IRC channel some time ago...

11. MrVess

MrVess Guest

I had a look at a source I've used and I see he does offer this title on DVD-R, uncut, with quality listed as 3 stars out of 5 (and considering that he's rather severe with these ratings, that means it's very good...), for 8 euro.

Since he does not want too much advertising :), I may send a message with the link to the store if you are interested... you can visit the store or ask for details on its forum (and mention it was from me ;)

12. Semerrill

Semerrill Member

send the link please

13. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

did not care for this movie

14. Semerrill

Semerrill Member

mr.vess are you going to post the link