hell high on dvd!!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by rush2112, Jul 16, 2004.

1. HAEMORRHAGE

HAEMORRHAGE If he dies, he dies

I'm fortunate that my copy is flawless. I was worried when I got my High School Horrors set and checked it immediately the day I got it. I was definitely quite thankful. Media Blasters has got me though, my copy of the uncut version of Erotic Nights of the Living Dead is all messed. Funny enough, I got it from someone on here.

2. foller

foller Active Member

I am looking for a flawless version of the Hell High DVD, but I won't risk buying a new DVD that might be flawed. Is there anyone out there willing to sell the flawless version??? PM would be great!

3. crikan

crikan Well-Known Member

Here's a slasher that doesn't get enough love from genre fans. It may not have the kill count of most slashers but it has better characters. Its similar to FINAL EXAM in that after a fantastic opening sequence it turns into a teen hijinks film for an hour. HELL HIGH is a bit darker, focusing on a group off outcasts that terrorizes a teacher who is mentally unstable. The few kills HIGH HIGH has are top-notch. Don't let the authoring error on the Shriek Show disc that skips 4 minutes keep you from enjoying this under-appreciated gem. It doesn't cut kills or sleaze. I wouldn't have noticed the missing minutes if I hadn't wondered how a character ended up with a coat.

4. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I guess I lucked out. I got mine in the High School Horrors Triple Feature and it doesn't have the skip.

I love this movie too, and the Joe Bob Briggs intro just makes it more fun. For the $12 or so I paid for this set, it is worth every penny and then some. Hitcher In The Dark is great fun as well. The Majorettes is kind of a dud, but it is good for a few laughs, especially during the final act.

5. chancetx

chancetx Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if the corrected disc was ONLY available in the "High School Horrors" box set? Both the single disc and the box set are out of print but the single disc is much more affordable second hand.

6. crikan

crikan Well-Known Member

I just picked up a shrink-wrapped single disc from an Amazon Partner and mine has the error. From reading this thread I gather that there is no way to know if you have the correct version until you take the disc out. I haven't read anywhere that there are good copes of the single disc.

IMO the error sucks, but it doesn't ruin the movie. For me it made more sense to pay less than $10 for the single than $50+ for a set that might still have the error.

7. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

Can you tell me the exact point of the movie where this happens?

I bought this last years but it´s still on my "to watch" pile.

8. HAEMORRHAGE

HAEMORRHAGE If he dies, he dies

Personally, I love all 3 movies. It's my favorite Shriek Show triple feature box set. The transfer on Hitcher in the Dark is awesome. Compare the movie itself to the trailer on the disc and you'll see the massive difference.

9. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I prefer the Bloody School Girls Triple Feature. Though I ended up buying all those separately, so I don't have the actual boxset of that one.

10. ronnie21

ronnie21 Well-Known Member

recall recording hell high in DEC of 1990 on HBO, and watched it alot. seen some of it recently and its really didnt hold up and looks dated... I did some research on this movie over the years, the guy that played dickens died of AIDS at 27 in sept of 1987 like a year after the movie was shot. I believe it was filmed in 86. and it got some type of video release in 89. by 90 it was on like HBO and showtime, but wasn't shown a whole lot. Christopher cousins who played jon jon went out to star in some soaps. The movie also is famous for having like 15 different working tittles. I recall a few. one was calling it (REAL TROUBLE), the other one was (what do you wanna do tonight?) Hell high didnt really seem fitting since most of the horror took place in someones house not a school..I always thought the ending was kinda creepy, the very last shot.You usually don't see that in horror movies.

11. crikan

crikan Well-Known Member

58:19
    Listen to the Director's commentary and you'll hear him get cut off mid-sentence.

12. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

Thanks fpr the info...

I´m one more with the error...

13. Chomp

Chomp Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Checked/Watched my disc last weekend...I didn't have the error.

I think referring to this movie as a slasher film is kind of using the term loosely. I'd say its more of a slasher/attempted rape-revenge flick. Hell High reminds me of a less effective Class of 1984.

Its still entertaining and the soundtrack is strangely..good.