Has any new horror flicks this decade (2010+) made it into your Top 100 All-time?

Discussion in 'General' started by booper71, May 11, 2013.

1. booper71

booper71 B-Zone on Roku

I have just made room for "Stitches" (2013) and Tucker & Dale (2010).

2. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I think movies need a couple years to marinade before I can call them favorites. For instance, I loved movies like Ginger Snaps, Jeepers Creepers, and Cabin Fever from the get-go, but it wasn't until a few years later when I found myself still plugging them in over-and-over that I realized they were all-time favorites.

As for 2010+, I can't say I'd place any of them in my "Top 100" yet, but the serious contenders would be: Piranha 3D, Frozen, Excision, Cabin In The Woods, Tucker & Dale Vs Evil, and Scream 4.

I also have to give a guilty pleasure nod to Wrong Turn 4, which I've already found myself watching several times. Great horror it's not, but it's an unabashedly fun and over-the-top slasher flick that keeps me thoroughly entertained. Top 100 might be a stretch, but definitely a personal favorite.

3. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

There haven't been many films of any genre this decade that I would put in a top 100 list. Then again, I'm a grumpy old bastard. :)

4. agentc

agentc Member

House of the devil for me. A really great film and one that has great re watch value.

5. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Top 100? Since 2010? HA! As CPT HOOK mentioned, I think any movie has to be given at least a decade before it can be added properly to any Top 100 (Horror) All-Time list. If a movie is to be considered an all-time favourite it HAS to stand up to the test of time. And a decade should be the minimum marinating time.

So no, none that I could consider all-time favourites. However, if in 7 to 10 years some of these are still as good or impactful then they might make a Top 1000 if lucky, but only Top 100 if they are really really really something special as there are soooo many great films from decades past.

But since 2010 these are the only new horror films I've seen I can really see myself revisiting: Kill List, Antiviral, Berberian Sound Studio, The Corridor, Rabies, Sennentuntshci, Red White & Blue, The Divide. Doesn't guarantee any spot on any list though.

Last edited: May 11, 2013
  6. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

That's 2009. ;)

7. msw7

msw7 Re-animated member

Tucker and Dale vs Evil has a good chance to make my list. I agree that some time needs to pass, but it's up there.

It probably won't be until 2015 at least though that I catch up with the movies from the first half of this decade, so there may be others that I'm overlooking now.