halloween 3

Discussion in 'General' started by EVIL-SINNER, Sep 27, 2001.

1. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

Sorry, but you aren't going to hear any Halloween 3 insults from me. It is easily the BEST Halloween sequel, and I like it almost as much as the original! This is one of the most underrated films of all time, and it damn well deserves more respect! I consider this excellent film to be a classic!

2. rhett

rhett Administrator

I also really like the film too. The perfect B-Movie if you ask me. The silver shamrock song is sheer genious! :)

I thought F13 3D was also one of the best sequels in the series, and I am sure if I would have seen it in 3D it would be my favorite.

As for worst Part 3, my vote goes to either Poltergeist III, or House 3.

3. Andrew

Andrew Guest

This is an old post, and I think I posted once, but I'm too tired to look.

Anyway, I loved Halloween, didn't like Halloween 2, thought Halloewen 3 was ok, thought Halloween 4 was cool, thought 5 was alright, thought 6 was cool, hated H20.

As for Fridays, The Final Chapter is easily my favorite in the series, followed by 1 and 6.

4. Season of the Witch

Halloween 3 is my favorite Halloween sequel (though it's been a very long time since I've seen part 2, and I'm operating on sort of vague memories of that entry, but still...)! Halloween 3 was just cool; who gives a damn about Michael Myers (not that I'm knocking Halloween, mind you; it's a classic; but it's not like MM was this brilliant character...)?

5. David666

David666 Guest

Worst part 3?

Witchcraft 3. But let's ignore that POS series.

It's a little hard to determine what is the worst sequel, or a particular number (such as a worst part 2 or 3 or whatever). Bad sequels are just bad sequels...

5. Wishmaster 2

4. Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare

3. Troll 2

2. Howling: New Moon Rising

And the number one worst sequel...

1. Hellraiser: Inferno

6. So you're saying Hellraiser Inferno was worse than Troll 2? You're exagerating. Hell, Hellraiser Inferno was better than part 3 (though worse than the others)

7. I too disliked Hellraiser: Inferno. I would've like to have seen more of Pinhead!

8. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

Once again I liked the concept of Hellraiser Inferno, the delivery of the actual film was poor, but there are many aspects to the mythology that are not explored and I think that's what Inferno was trying to do. Yes, the cenobites are cool as hell, but they are not the only aspect to the Hellraiser universe. Inferno was made with an open mind, so I give it credit if nothing else. Hellraiser definitly has much room for radical creativity, and quite frankly I think they should push the envelope with the franchise. Don't puss out with cenobites dearies, there's other things in hell! (BTW: I liked 3, hated 4.)

9. David666

David666 Guest

There is a certain expectation surrounding the Hellraiser series, this makes Inferno all the worse.

Did you really expect alot from Troll 2? I didn't. Yes, it's quite a bad film, but there was no expectation.

10. rhett

rhett Administrator

Dusting off this oldie because the lady and I just watched H3. It had been my first time watching it in probably 10 years (since I last posted in this thread!). It still holds up pretty well, I think. Cundy's cinematography is still very colorful and makes a fine use of shadow. Carpenter's music really pushes the boundaries of synth scores, and I think it really compliments the whole television empowerment thing well. Even the timing of the opening themes notes seem to sync perfectly with those pumpkin scanlines. I had forgotten that Jamie Lee did the operator voice too (she seemed to be Carpenter's go to voice over girl between this and ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK). Atkins is king, and some of those deaths, like the lady in the hotel getting blasted in the face, are still pretty affecting. If I had to say anything bad about the film, it's that the third act slogs too much inside the Silver Shamrock factory. The film slows as a result and then the finale, which is still agreeably awesome, feels a bit rushed by comparison. Anyone else think those "SUNDAY THE 23RD" intertitles would be in the film were it not for their use in THE SHINING?

We spend so much time talking about releases these days, I thought it would be nice if we just went back to talking about these old movies every once and awhile, too!

EDIT: I also have to ask, are there women, now or in 1982, who would bone Tom Atkins? I respect that stache and think he's a has a strong screen presence, but him on top of Stacey Nelkin (mere hours after finding out her dad was murdered, mind you!) seems like totally the most implausible thing.

11. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

Implausible I think not. Tom Atkins is my hero, next to Paul Naschy. Both those guys always got hot women, within minutes of screen time. :D

12. Cooperkill

Cooperkill Active Member

I like Halloween III. I watch it every year and always look forward to doing so.

Worst part three? Either Night of the Demons 3, Curse III: The Ultimate Sacrifice, Killer Tomatoes Strike Back or Anaconda 3: Offspring.

13. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

I love HALLOWEEN 3.There was a screening of it at the Carolina Theater last October (the studios last 35mm print) paired with TERROR IN THE AISLES that had a great turnout.This may have started out as a black sheep in the HALLOWEEN cycle but it has really built a fanbase over the years.

14. Copyboy

Copyboy Well-Known Member

I would have preferred to see him on top of her smothering her to death.

15. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

You would not hear any insults from me regarding Season Of The Witch.
    I just love it.

I just donĀ“t see the point of creating a thread just for this!

Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  16. Anthropophagus

Anthropophagus Well-Known Member

Amityville III was an awful film for me and a big letdown, I also dislike Friday The 13th 3D. Halloween III has really grown on me, watch it at least once a year, usually in October.

17. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

Well, she DID turn out to be a robot. Maybe she was always a robot. We'll never know for sure...

18. shape22

shape22 Well-Known Member

Naschy is the all-time title holder in this category. Even when he's A HUNCHBACK hot women still want him.

Let's not forget Atkins was playing a doctor. That's better than being a Svengali when it comes to shallow women.

19. MacReady

MacReady New Member

It should have been titled "John Carpenters: Season of the Witch".

It is among my favorite JC movies.

IMO it is better than all the other "Halloween" sequels, standing on its own.

It just had/has a misleading title.

20. Chunkblower

Chunkblower Member

I know of at least one. I assume there are others. Where there's smoke, there's fire.