Ghosts That Still Walk (1977)

Discussion in 'General' started by Hellbilly, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

[​IMG]

This one's about a boy possessed by the spirit of an evil Indian.

Had a made for TV feel at the beginning plus the first 30 minutes are kind of odd, as the story focuses on the boy's Grandmother who recalls under hypnosis strange happenings when she went with her husband on a trip in their motor home. My first thought was "wow, a haunted RV - that's a new one!" but it turned out to be quiet different.

Anyway, good acting paired with a good amount of suspense (the rocks sequence was simply amazing). Dialogue sounded a bit contrived but overall, very impressive movie.

I also noticed that Spielberg must've "borrowed" a few ideas from this movie for Poltergeist. I had a few suspicious deja-vu moments.
    Ghosts That Still Walk is not available on DVD though, but still worth tracking down.

2. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Yup, I grabbed a VHS of this a while back - they're still going for pretty cheap. I haven't watched it yet, but it is on the list.

3. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Whoa, I haven't thought about this movie in years! I remember seeing it when I was a kid and enjoying it quite a bit. Other than the basic plot though, I can recall very little now.

4. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

Sounds interesting. The made for tv comparison doesn't scare me away. I need to hunt this one down.

5. zompirejoe

zompirejoe Active Member

Yeah, this does sound interesting. I'll have to try and find a copy for sale online. I don't mind that 1970's made for TV feel either. Lots of cool made for TV movies came out then.

6. Slackjaw83

Slackjaw83 Lonely St. Tattooer

I have this on VHS as well. i only watched it once, kinda slow for my tastes,

7. Mutilated Prey

Finally watched this - haha, yeah I thought I was watching a possessed RV too. That portion seemed kinda long.

The one thing I couldn't quit get over is that...

the ghost was just an angry basket weaver?

:lol:

It has it's suspenseful moments, and I agree the rock sequence is kinda cool. Definitely good for young horror, although the replay value might be lacking. It would be kinda cool to get a DVD rleease of this as my VHS has some weird jittery issues after the 30 minute mark.

8. hotbodynick

hotbodynick New Member

I just picked this one up on VHS at a Goodwill for a dollar. Was even more stoked seeing the old lady that hangs herself in Airplane on the back cover, will have to give it a spin sometime soon.

9. Mutilated Prey

$1! Definitely worth at least that. I think I paid $4 shipped.

Yeah, that old lady is in it quite a bit, almost too much, and all I could think of was her saying "supple young breasts, it's a shame you two don't get along".