Garth Marenghi's Darkplace

Discussion in 'General' started by Mok, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

I can't believe I didn't know about this before! It was a show from 2004 that spoofed old tv shows about the paranormal. It only ran 6 episodes because of the shitty time slot but maintained a somewhat cult following on the internet. Few of us will understand the genius going on here because we grew up watching budget tv like this in the form of Dr Who or Strange Paradise and for younger audience it will probably be silly enough to maintain your interest non the less. Here is a playlist with all 6 episodes. Try NOT to marathon them!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EkN8WtFTpE&list=RD8EkN8WtFTpE#t=0

2. Franco

Franco Weekender

Never ever read/heard of it but thanks!

Guess you kinda made my non-danceclub weekend this time!! I was just searching for movies/shows to watch tomorrow and on sunday nites!! :lol:

3. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

Right on! Happy to oblige :D

4. Anaestheus

Anaestheus Well-Known Member

I love this show and I am now ashamed that I never brought it up here before. In case you or anyone else didn't know, the people who made this went on to work on "The IT Crowd" which is sort of like a Big Bang Theory meets Black Books. Or maybe Big Bang Theory meets good writers.

Also, there is a really good Region 2 DVD that contains a whole lot of very funny extras.

5. highclassrob

highclassrob Member

I have the r2 DVD and it's great! This show used to play on adult swim in the wee hours years ago, I got hooked.

6. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    They ran this show on Scifi Channel at one point and I too fell in love with it. I downloaded them all from torrents at some point, but you guys have me interested in picking up the R2 DVD now.