Full Moon Releases Slew Of Remastered Flicks!

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by Shawn Francis, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

othervoice1 likes this.
  2. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Got this email update about the replacement disc for Naked Girl:

3. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Don't think you can argue with that. Fair play to full moon and Mr Band!

4. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Mine shipped today. I'm pleasantly surprised as I bought mine during the Valentine's Day Sale so I figured I'd be at the "end of the line."

This is definitely Full Moon stepping up. I'm curious if they'll start including more native audio tracks with subtitles going forward.

5. Katatonia

I got a shipping notification yesterday with a tracking number. Funny how they do it with this minor title, but the Tourist Trap fiasco was just blown under the rug. o_O

But... hopefully this bodes well for any future release problems.

6. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

It's a very recent change of heart for sure. I wonder if Naked Girl had relatively low numbers so it's not too expensive to replace.

It would seem the alternate cut of Tourist Trap is a mystery even to Band. If it was the best elements, or at least the best accessible, and a bit of a mess to re-edit to match the original cut I could see why they didn't try to fix it.

It maybe why we got a replacement for Naked Girl. Band may have never even looked into a replacement effort before TT and only did so after. Having a better idea of the costs and logistics Full Moon was better prepared for something like this. Whereas TT became too big of a rollout while at the same time only being an odd cut that didn't effect the narrative so "eh, fuck it."

7. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

Got my Naked Girl Murdered in the Park replacement disc today and it's actually a brand new retail copy, sealed and everything. Definitely a nice surprise, I think all other replacement discs I've gotten have just been the disc in an envelope or a jewel case. I really didn't even notice anything wrong with the original disc but it's nicer to have the Italian audio with subs anyway, this turned out to be a pretty good deal.

8. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

Fullmoon did a complete replacement with their Orgy of the Living Dead disc as well. The only difference I noticed on the Murdered in the Park disc is that the new pressing says uncut Italian language version on the front of the jacket.

Katatonia likes this.
  9. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

I didn't even notice the difference on the cover, maybe I'll make sure I got the right one later on. Regarding Orgy of the Living Dead, is there any way to differentiate the two versions they released? I figure what I have is the corrected one since I bought it direct not too long ago but it wouldn't hurt to check.

10. russweiss

There is a difference on the Orgy of the Living Dead back cover. Unfortunately I don't recall which is the corrected version. One of the covers lists as a bonus feature "The complete alternate Return of the Zombies Wizard Video release cut." There is also a picture of the Wizard video box. What I find interesting is both this movie and the Naked Girl blu-ray have the same UPC codes for the old and updated.

f.ramses likes this.
  11. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

Thanks for the info, I'm going to assume the one with the Wizard Video Return of the Zombies box is the later one since that's what's pictured on Full Moon's site now but I'll try and find out for sure soon; if I get an answer I'll post it here.

12. jstell

jstell Active Member

No, the one with the Wizard Version is the old one. They dropped that for the new version because it had been slowed down to give the illusion the film ran longer.

f.ramses likes this.
  13. Katatonia

I received mine from them today. They did add a list of the "Extras" (under the Title) on the back of the new cover, so that's another minor difference on the new cover.

There are some oddities with the replacement disc, which I already posted here. The subtitles are encoded/forced into the transfer. And it's actually 5 seconds shorter than the older disc... so I'm not sure how exactly it's a "longer cut" as FM claimed.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
    russweiss likes this.
  14. russweiss

I guess I'll hang on to both of my copies. Considering that Fullmoon sells their blu-rays cheaper than virtually all other companies they must lose a ton when they have to repress and send out these extra copies.

Katatonia likes this.
  15. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

Kind of wish I hadn't looked into Orgy of the Living Dead because I found that mine is the newer one that doesn't include the VHS version and I kind of wanted to revisit that at some point.

16. russweiss

Here are the jackets for the two titles.

Naked Girl Murdered in the Park.JPG Naked Girl Murdered in the Park B.JPG Vengeance of the Zombies A.JPG Vengeance of the Zombies.JPG

f.ramses and Katatonia like this.
  17. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but Hamiltonbook.com is doing a limited amount of slipcovers for Tourist Trap and Orgy of the Dead (500 each). I grabbed both. Yes, you're paying a few bucks more for the slips depending upon where you shop, but I've gotten some great deals from these guys in the past and want to support them. There's one for sale on eBay and it looks like good cardstock (that guys is already charging $50 though - pffft).

https://www.hamiltonbook.com/tourist-trap-blu-ray

https://www.hamiltonbook.com/orgy-of-the-living-dead-blu-ray

18. russweiss

I found this rather strange. Both of my copies came from Fullmoondirect and I don't remember them saying there would be slipcover editions available. Normally I go for slips but since I already have the movies and the covers are the same artwork as the jacket I'll pass.

19. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Maybe they don’t even know about it? Says it’s exclusive to Hamilton Books. But yeah, nonetheless, kinda random.

20. Katatonia

There was some odd reason Hamilton were able to do these Slipcovers or something. I can't recall what exactly, but they're kind of like later issued "semi-official" releases with the Slipcovers... or something like that.

Hamilton are a good company to order from though, totally legit.

Mutilated Prey likes this.