Friday the 13th part 7 & 8 deluxe editions in September

Discussion in 'General' started by Marv Inc., Jun 15, 2009.

1. BoredSeal

BoredSeal New Member

Hmm, Friday VII feels always somehow castrated for me. There´s lot of various deaths with original tool and instead nice gore they always cut the scene. If I should vote for any Friday 2-8 to be released uncut, it would be part 7. But they will never release it uncut I guess.

2. Bobbywoodhogan

Bobbywoodhogan Active Member

I'm with you mate, Part VII is the one Friday film I want uncut. The rest that are cut I can bare them as they are but Part VII really lets you down at the crucial moments. I feel if the gore were put in and the original ending this film would be alot more satisfying.

3. Marv Inc.

Marv Inc. Active Member

Intresting intweview with the guy producing the new deluxe edtions of parts IV - VIII.

He says thats since he was'nt involved with the first 3 he dos'nt know if any alternative/cut scenes still exist in the archieves and that he'd love to produce new features for the blu rays if paramount asks.

So we could be sitting in limbo for on while on the cut stuff from 2+3 as i cant scene paramount revisiting them anytime soon as they've only just released them in new editions.

"Is there a chance that you will revisit the first three? Did you also dug out material for Part 2 and Part 3 out of curiosity when searching for everything for Parts VI, V, VI, VII and VIII?

As I said above, I would be thrilled to work on Deluxe Editions or a box set of the entire series. It all depends on how well these next versions sell that will drive any future editions, but I am hopeful that these editions will prompt another box set somewhere down the line."

"I can’t speak to anything that may be in Paramount’s archives for Parts 1-3 as I was not involved in those projects. But if there is a new edition or box set and Paramount wants me to produce the bonus material, you can bet your bottom dollar that I will go searching for any and all trims from those films. High on my list would be the alternate dream sequence ending to Part 3. If those trims exist, I promise I will find them if I am asked to work on any future editions of Parts 1-3."

http://fridaythe13thfilms.com/blog/daniel-farrands-interview-on-friday-the-13th-deluxe-editions-2/

4. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

getting excited for parts 7 and 8 deluxe editions it’s just too bad part 7 wont have the inserted gore back into the film that is the only movie where the kills bug me

also will part 7 also have the same kill scenes from the directors videotape as in the box set hopefully without the commentary this time

5. CrazyFatEthel

CrazyFatEthel New Member

Didnt we NOT get all of the cut scenes from Part 7? I heard that Maddys death was cut as well, but it wasnt shown in the deleted scenes. Any info on this?

6. fceurich39

i do know melissa's axe in the head scene is complete in the slashed extras on the upcoming deluxe edition

7. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

I'm pretty certain that they've confirmed that basically the only footage of the cut gore is what Beuchler had in his possession on his workprint tape. I think they mentioned finding a few minor things in the vaults, but that most of it was chucked out in 1991 or something.

8. Marv Inc.

Marv Inc. Active Member

There's a few extra non gore scenes on the new release. They were pulled from Tapes used by Fred Molin when he was compising the score.

Might have the scene of Dr.Cruise putting the tent spike into the door before tina finds it.

9. bigwes15

bigwes15 Active Member

I have loved the new SE's of the Friday movies released so far, and have even dipped in for what must have been at least my fifth overall purchases of parts 2 and 3 (including videotapes) for the Blu-Rays a couple of months after getting the regular SE's. I will undoubtedly do the same for the Blu's of at least 4 and 5 when they come out. (I'm not a huge fan of part 6.) I just love this series more than any other, with the possible exception of the Halloween movies. If given a choice of getting to see a miracle discovery of any of the series' uncut versions, it would without the slightest doubt be Part 2!!

10. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

Same here.

I have been waiting for 11 long years for this DVD!

(By the way - someone replied that Scott Reeves is on the Part 8 commentary, but he's not mentioned in the first post where it just lists Hedden, Hodder, and Daggett)

11. CrazyFatEthel

CrazyFatEthel New Member

Oh my god, cant wait to see the cut scenes from part 8!!!!

12. killit

killit Active Member

can we get a hi def on part 7 and a bonus copy of the workprint? Can they call it "extreme bootleg edition or something?

13. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

Me too! And not just gore. I want that blooper reel so bad- I can almost taste it! (Because I gave up hope of ever seeing the deleted scenes long ago)

14. CrazyFatEthel

CrazyFatEthel New Member

Who didnt??!!??:D

15. CrazyFatEthel

CrazyFatEthel New Member

16. fceurich39

looks like these will be alot harder to find in stores! walmart as of right now isn't getting parts 7 and 8 and my bestbuy isn't getting em either but i filed a complaint and bestbuy responded that they will order multiple copies for my store along with phantasm 2 and american werewolf in london and should have em all on 9/15 we'll see

i am anxious to see some dvd reviews for part 7 and 8 deluxe editions

17. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

That is why I gave up on relying on brick & mortar stores a long time ago. Online all the way!

18. SickNick89

SickNick89 Member

I got my American Werewolf and Child's Play blu rays yesterday.

19. fceurich39

online????

20. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

If from Amazon, I'm ordering these asap.