First look at Rob Zombie's version of Michael Myers

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by broadwayrock, Feb 25, 2007.

1. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

She never got to take them off. Pay attention.:)
    Let me guess, you hated it so much you were texting your friends how much it sucked every 5-10 minutes.;)

2. ThievingWinona

ThievingWinona New Member

Oh yeah, i forgot. The guy was thrusting into her and even says something like "It's so warm" and her pants never came off :)

I've never done a text message in my entire life. true story :)

3. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

saw it today thought it was good not great definitly better than part 3,H20 AND RESURRECTION wasn't there supposed to be animal killings in it like with the mouse i could of swore i seen a trailer with it.

anyway i liked it but i didn't like the casting of most of the characters was off also what happened with the halloween 25 years of terror winner i didn't see her in the film anyone else?

4. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

My bad, although I swore it looked like they were dry humping and hadn't gotten the pants off. I was focused on the other side of the screen anyway.:evil:

Sorry bout the text crack, I was feelin like jerk eariler.:) Congrats on not falling into the evil. I slipped due some text happy friends but try to keep it under control. One day at a time...:D

5. WesReviews

WesReviews Active Member

I also like the remakes of Black Christmas and When a Stranger Calls better than this film. Sad, but true.

6. ThievingWinona

ThievingWinona New Member

It's all good.

But I feel I must reiterate how atrociously terrible this movie was :)

Even if you liked it, you gotta admit, it's constructed in a piss poor, sloppy manner, right?

7. onebyone

onebyone Guest

:lol:

No we don't.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2007
  8. DrHerbertWest

DrHerbertWest For Your Health

LOVE that workprint ending!

9. Paul0889

Paul0889 New Member

i really liked the theatrical ending, it was like holy shit, and her scream was just nuts, and all that blood...whoa. one thing i liked better in the workprint was the opening credits over michael running down the school hallway, which the theatrical version didn't have:(

10. I saw it and liked it. I'm reading a lot of criticisms of the film and I just don't get what a lot of people are saying. I think a big part of the problem really is that many people are just too attached to original film and keep wanting to compare the two. I would be interested in seeing people compare their feelings for the original with their feelings for the remake. Personally, the original is not sacred to me like it seems to be with a lot of other people--maybe that makes a difference.

You know what really annoys me though? All sorts of reviews telling me what I liked about the original and why the remake sucks because it didn't copy those things. Or that spends the entire review assuming that if Zombie did something differently than Carpenter, then that clearly shows that Zombie doesn't know what he was doing. Some of us are able to appreciate the film on its own merits.

I don't think Sherri M. Zombie was that bad. She seemed to give a pretty average performance--definitely nowhere near the worst acting job in a slasher film, anyway. McDowell was great, imho--the Dr. Loomis character has always seemed kooky to me, and McDowell gave the character the eccentricity to reflect the illogic that seemed to define the Dr. Loomis character in the original (what kind of psychologist believes his patient is pure evil? and what did Michael ever do in the original film, besides the murders that put him away in the first place, to convince a rational, intelligent doctor that he was evil? didn't talk or show emotion? the horror!). There have been plenty of other complaints that I simply don't agree with, but that's to be expected. Not sure what makes us think the movie was constructed in a piss poor, sloppy manner, but maybe after seeing it a few more times I'll spot these inherent flaws.

BTW, some people who haven't seen the movie might assume we'll have the courtesy to use spoiler tags when appropriate.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2007
  11. And after posting about annoying movie reviews, I go back and read this one...

Perfect example of how not to write a review. "Which is why I was so disappointed when it turned out to be one of the most badly directed films I've ever seen, containing absolutely nothing worthwhile for any kind of fan of horror. And when I say nothing, I mean nothing." Then spend the rest of the review just making lame jokes about the film under the pretense that it's so horrible, any actual analysis of the film would be beneath you. Don't forget to mention how the film should be judged on its own merits, but you're going to compare it to the original anyway. Okay, whatever, into the trash bin. Next review.

12. BloodMan

BloodMan Kill Time B4 It Kills You

Do you happen to know Rob Zombie by any chance?
    OR... are YOU Rob Zombie? :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

13. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

I haven't seen it yet, I am going tonight. But i agree with Living Dead, just reading a lot of people's opinions on here... hard to take really of then seriously or with a grain of salt. All of them are just like" worst movie ever made", "worst direction", "worst acting" ect. Obviously it isn't that bad, unless you haven't seen too many films, horror especially. And also, stop comparing it to the original and complaining that it doesn't do this or that the same. Yes, it's a remake, yes it's kind of pointless, but get over it.

14. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

I personally loved the fact that whenever a famous scene was coming up he refused to use the same dialogue or actions that have been quoted and mimicked over the years. I personally would not have enjoyed it as much if he just gave in to what people expected.

15. marcx

marcx Active Member

Saw it today--really enjoyed it( Have not seen the workprint yet...)

I thought the beginning was great, as was the end--the only points it lost me a little were the scenes after Michael returned to Haddonfield that tried to stay to close to the original..they came off as pale imitations. Luckily it wasn't long before it detoured off the originals story line and back into being its own film again...

One interesting point is the wie and I were perplexed by the death of the orderly who befriended Micahel, and I understand he lives in the workprint--I would really like to know more about how the changes between the two versions came to be....

16. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

I liked it. Yet hearing all the things about the workprint makes me wonder if a great film was tampered with and turned into only a good film.
    Trejo's death made no sense. And that wp ending is soo much more effective and the film wouldve benefited from not having that last chase scene. Not to mention I don't understand how he goes from loving his sister to tackling her out've a two story house.
    Here's hoping there's a director's cut dvd.

17. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

I watched this last night at the drive-in (with Grindhouse, which still kicks major ass) and liked the film. My only complaint would be the second half seemed to move extremely fast. If I hadn't seen the original, I wouldn't know what the fuck was going on. Anyway, I'd rank it fourth in the series, behind 3, 1 & 2.

I do have a question,
    I take it Anne lives? She seemed pretty messed up, but still alive. I wouldn't mind seeing Danielle Harris in another film as I take it that Dimension will probably do a sequel based on the weekend's b.o.

18. I too think the parts that were the weakest were the parts that most tried to remake moments from the original. The movie is definitely better when Zombie is covering new ground rather than rehashing. In fact, that seems to be a common criticism, both in this film and his others (especially Ho1KC).

19. It seems like it. At least,
    I don't remember seeing her die.

20. Agent Z

Agent Z "Get to the river...