Favorite Guests and Guests You Would Like to Meet at Conventions

Discussion in 'General' started by deepred, Nov 1, 2010.

1. WesReviews

WesReviews Active Member

Not helping my argument. :) Sounds like you had a good time, though.

2. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

Quoted for truth.

I gotta say, aside from the fact that the celebrity made the choice to attend the convention, there is no reason for one to treat fans in a disrespectful manner regardless of how many idiots they have to deal with over the convention weekend. It's one thing to tell someone who is being a jerk to bugger off or to treat them with complete indifference, but to treat the other fans the same way is inexcusable. I work in retail and believe me, I run across all kinds of assholes each day, but I know enough to treat each and every customer with a smile and respect until they prove they deserve less. It's the same scenario, just a different backdrop.

3. Jason25

Jason25 Moderator

This really sucks. Looks like Dario Argento cancelled out on the Horror Hound show in March. Had all my posters ready to get autographed. Guess he is starting work on a new film. Bummed out, would have liked to meet him.

4. Anthropophagus

Anthropophagus Well-Known Member

It's a letdown to hear these stories about Savini, I used to correspond with him through e-mail and he always seemed cool.
    People I'd like to meet:
    Robert Englund
    Any of the old Hammer films actresses-Veronica Carlson, Caroline Munro..
    Christopher Lee (one of the last living horror icons)
    Danielle Harris
    Adrienne Barbeau
    David Hess
    Tom Holland
    Meg Tilley (Thought she was great in Psycho II and Agnes of God, but slim chance she'd do a convention at this point, I think).
    Never really gave serious consideration to attending one of the conventions though.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2011
  5. evildeadfan123

evildeadfan123 Sam & Dean Winchester

Some more celebrities I would like to meet:

Jared Padalecki
    Jensen Ackles
    Herschell Gordon Lewis
    John Carpenter
    George Romero

6. dmeister

dmeister New Member

Probably one of the greatest personal experiences that I've had in my life was meeting Bruce Campell at a local university, while he was doing his first book tour and screening Evil Dead.

Of course, his initial presentation regarding his acting and filmmaking career was both amusing and informative. But how he treated his fans was more an acto of veritable sainthood.

To say that the man was friendly or that he treated his fans well is an undersestimate. Although it was made clear during the book signing that he was only there to sign books, he graciously signed anything that his fans handed to him, often with lengthy personalized comments.

He took time to have his photo taken with everyone as well, acting incredibly enthusiastic under the circumstances. I still have a picture of Bruce putting my 9-year-old son in a pretend headlock with big grins on their faces after Bruce decided that I needed to take a second picture.

Randomly, he would even take a fan's cellphone and proceed to prank-call one of their friends or family members, spending several minutes joking with the person on the other end of the phone. He even took time at the end of the signing to allow a couple of the local college kids film him reading some lines that they had given him.

And, yes, there were a couple of *fans* who where acting like dicks, to the point of making the rest of the attendants uncomfortable. I'm surprised that they weren't kicked out. But Bruce took the heckling in stride.

Knowing that these venues must be tiring for these guys, I think his behavior and generosity at this event speak tremendously about the man's character and his dedication to his fanbase. Frankly, I've been in no hurry to meet any of these other guys, because I doubt that they would live up to the very high standard Bruce Campell set for me.

dmeister

7. deepred

deepred Member

Looks like I will get to meet Barbara Steele and Asia Argento in May!!! :D