Fantastic BU news!

Discussion in 'General' started by JW77, Oct 29, 2003.

1. JW77

JW77 Support Halliburton

Blue Underground to tackle "Blind Dead" next year!

Details here: http://www.fangoria.com/news_article.php?id=1607

2. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

This news from Fangoria.com:

October 28: DEAD box, DARK NIGHT DVD and more from Blue Underground
    At the New York screening last night of David Gregory’s documentary THE GODFATHERS OF MONDO, part of Blue Underground’s amazing eight-DVD MONDO CANE COLLECTION, the company’s Jay Douglas gave Fango the scoop on some exciting horror titles on tap for 2004. “We’ve just secured THE GHOST GALLEON [a.k.a. HORROR OF THE ZOMBIES] and we’re working on getting NIGHT OF THE SEAGULLS,” he says, referring to the third and fourth films in Amando De Ossorio’s Knights Templar series.
    “We already have TOMBS OF THE BLIND DEAD and RETURN OF THE BLIND DEAD, and we’re planning to do the ultimate BLIND DEAD boxed set for next year.” Other projects in the works include:

• ONE DARK NIGHT, the directorial debut of Tom (FRIDAY THE 13TH PART VI) McLoughlin, with Meg Tilly in her first starring role as a high-school girl contending with reanimated corpses in a mortuary

• MOSQUITO, Gary Jones’ fun giant-insects-amok feature, co-starring Gunnar Hansen and the Stooges’ Ron Asheton

• FAST COMPANY, David Cronenberg’s heretofore hard-to-see drag-racing drama starring William Smith, Claudia Jennings and John Saxon. Douglas says they’re working on getting Cronenberg involved in this project, and that all of these titles will have BU’s usual crop of extra features.

Hell yeah! BU comes through again!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2008
  3. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

This is damned cool news! I've been wanting both a Blind Dead Box set and One Dark Night for years, although, to be honest, I'm very surprised that they're tackling One Dark Night. I thought BU was 'artsier' than that! I have fond memories of seeing it at the cinema when I was 9, but to be frank, it's the "I Know What You Did Last Summer" of the early 80s.

4. DefJeff

DefJeff Franca Stoppi's #1 fan

Thanks for posting this up, I recently picked up that TOMBS/RETURN OF THE BLIND DEAD double feature from AB, and was gonna get those Brentwood sets to complete the series, but now I will just wait. Great news!

5. y2doublet

y2doublet Toxic Crusader

Awesome, awesome news! All of them are soo mine.

6. The Chaostar

The Chaostar Johnny Hallyday forever

I want english subtitles.

7. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

Well I still haven't seen any of the Blind Dead movies, so maybe I'll pick up that box set. Honestly, I've never even heard of the others (hangs head in shame). I sure hope BU has more on the table for 2004 than just what's on that list. Hey, what happened to Fulci's Conquest? Are they still releasing that?

8. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

One Dark Night? Gawd do I ever love this flick. Great news!

9. I recall enjoying One Dark Night years ago, so I look forward to the chance to watch it on DVD.

However on the Blind Dead series, I am in the same boat as Zombi3. I have heard of them, but never watched any of them. On the bright side it looks like I will get a chance next year.

As far as Fast Company is concerned, it is my least favorite Cornenberg film, so it is questionably wheather or not I will be picking it up when it finally arrives on DVD.

10. STREET TRASH

STREET TRASH Synthicide

Funny. Just yesterday on another thread, I mentioned One Dark Night as one film I am dying to have on DVD. Thank god for BU! What a fantastic little sleeper...

11. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

BU has been kicking serious ass as of late! :D

12. highdef

highdef Guest

Is ONE DARK NIGHT a good blind buy,
    as I've never seen this flick before?
    How does it rate against other 80's zombie films?
    Does anyone have a price and exact street date?
    Thanks...

13. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

Yes, it's a greatest Zombie classic movie that no one never heard of :D

14. highdef

highdef Guest

Thanks, I'll be sure and pick it up.
    I really love those BU transfers.
    When is it being released?

15. STREET TRASH

STREET TRASH Synthicide

It's great! Of course, maybe I'm just partial to it since I first caught it in the mid-80s and up until a few years ago, couldn't remember the name of the film - certain images stayed in my head for nearly a decade. I'm also gonna go against what KR~! said. It isn't really a zombie film. The "zombies" at the end are revived through telekinesis and all they do is just float about.

Also, not deter you or anything because you definitely should pick it up, but One Dark Night isn't a very violent film or anything. In fact, I believe it was slapped with a PG rating. But believe me, the atmosphere and nightmarish finale will leave you more than satisfied. Plus, there's the inclusion of Adam West and a very cute, innocent Meg Tilly.

16. highdef

highdef Guest

Thanks for the input, STREET TRASH.

17. tyuun

tyuun New Member

BU is a great company but sometimes there transfers aren't the best. I have The Crazies and it looks great but I also have Dead & Buried and the transfer lacks. Regardles of that shit I sure am a fan and will continue it indulge myself in the titles they put out.

18. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

I think E.G. Daily was in this also :) and another chick chewing on a toothbrush ... It's been ages since I've seen One Dark Night but I'm certain it was rated R?

19. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

ok, ok so maybe it's about as much of a zombie film as the beyond is, anyway you should still buy it anyway.

20. STREET TRASH

STREET TRASH Synthicide

heh heh, that chick with the toothbrush is one of those images that stayed in my head that I spoke of earlier :)