Evil Dead 5(Video Game) is coming soon!

Discussion in 'General' started by Crow550, Apr 20, 2002.

1. Crow550

Crow550 Guest

If you ever played Evil Dead:Hail to the king you know another one was coming.The game was alright I like the video clips and the story the gameplay needed work.Anyway sometime this fall the PlayStation 2 virson should be coming.This is the 5th entry in the evil dead storyline.Even know Hail to the king inst by Rami the game goes on after Army of Darkness.I hope Evil Dead 5 or hail to the king 2 is better than evil dead 4(Hail to the king)

Keep your fingers crossed and yes Bruce Campbell is doin the voice for the man behind the chainsaw.

LATER,

CROW550

2. moogong

moogong Arte Suave

The company that bought the rights to the Evil Dead franchise is Rockstar. Thats the same company that put out the smash hits Grand Theft Auto 3, Max Payne and State of Emergency.

That is gonna be so sweeeeet!!

3. napalm68

napalm68 Guest

Oh, man, a Rockstar Evil Dead game! How sweet is that going to be!!!

4. Vamp

Vamp Guest

Sweet! Any news if it's coming to Gamecube or XBOX as well?

5. Crow550

Crow550 Guest

SWEET!

Rockstar kicks ASS! I hope ash dont start going in slow-mo like the matrix since Max Payne does that LOL!

For what I heard the PS2 virson comes first.But im sure it will come to other systems as well.

Where did you hear rockstar was doing it?

6. moogong

moogong Arte Suave

Re: SWEET!

It was in a playstation magazine I read at Barnes and Noble.

Rockstar it kicking ass...the parent company Take 2 is one of the fastest rising stocks of 2002. As of friday, it closed at 26 a share.
    With them getting these lisences, and sudios bidding on the movie rights for Max Payne, its a pretty good idea to invest in this company. At this rate I expect it to spit by at least August.

7. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Re: Re: SWEET!

Can't wait...I hope its light years better than the other ED game.

8. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

I'm definetly going to pick this game up when it comes out. I never played the ED game for PSX, but I'm for sure going to pick up the new version for PS2. Now all I have to do is get a PS2......

9. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

!!!!

Zombie Dude and russweiss like this.
  10. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

Looks interesting but the fact it's an online multiplayer kind of kills it for me. Hopefully some kind of solo play gets added.

othervoice1 likes this.
  11. maybrick

That’s how I used to feel, but since playing Friday the 13th and Dead By Daylight I’ve adjusted.

12. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

I'm a big believer in single player first. That teaches you the gameplay. And you don't have to find other good players.

I was looking forward to the new Evil Dead movie. I'm not really sure a game version will be that good for me.

13. maybrick

You learn gameplay both ways, and honestly AI still lags behind playing against real people. Anyways I haven’t heard anything about it being totally multiplayer only so your info is better than mine. It’s going to be weird to do seeing as how everybody is going to want to be Ash.

14. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Looks fun

15. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I'm surprised how good this looks graphically. I wasn't expecting that. I do have concerns with it being online only as those kind of games in the horror genre seem to die out quickly. I hear it's hard to find people for Friday the 13th The Game for example. And what about Predator: Hunting Grounds, is anyone still playing that?
    Seems like it could be a bit hack n slash with the gameplay. I kind of wish they went for some more exploration type stuff. Also, could just be the trailer being misleading so who knows.

16. maybrick

Friday the 13th died because of a lawsuit, not because it wasn’t popular. Predator on the other hand I heard was shit from the get-go. This is just a teaser so we’ll just have to see how it goes.

17. maybrick

I notice that it’s from the same company that does World War Z which was fun. I played that regularly for almost a year.

Steel76 likes this.
  18. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

19. maybrick

It came out last Friday but didn’t learn about it until Sunday. It’s fun. There’s some solo adventures you need to do in order to unlock some characters but a big part of it is playing with others. The map is HUGE. You need to hop into cars a lot to get from one end to another. There’s a fair amount of exploration involved in the beginning to search for gear. Gameplay wise it isn’t much different than Apex or Fortnite, so if you’re familiar with those then you know kind of what to expect. There’s a time restraint so if you take too long the circle around the map begins to close and if you don’t get to the final battle site the outside void will swallow you and you die. I recommend it.

russweiss and Zombie Dude like this.