Evil Dead 4 confirmed (+ remake)

Discussion in 'General' started by Workshed, Feb 4, 2005.

1. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

I'm not sure how I feel about an Evil Dead 4. I was VERY let down by Army of Darkness (yes I know, that is blasphemy to some) with it's lack of gore and 3 stooges antics. I really like the first film and can enjoy the horror/comedy combo mix of part 2, but AoD just killed it for me. I met Sam and Bruce at a Fango convention in Detroit years ago and Mr. Raimi made it a point to ask the fans in a Q&A what they wanted to see in the next Evil Dead installment. The resounding answer was "more gore"!! Obviously it fell on deaf ears.

My hopes are high for this but my expectations are very low.

2. inkmachine

inkmachine Member

Unfortunately, I agree about AOD.

I LOVE Evil Dead 1 and enjoy Evil Dead 2, but AOD was really....extremely...disappointing.

If they do make an Evil Dead 4, I really hope it's a return to his roots of Evil Dead 1.

3. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

Is it April 1st already? Or has hell really frozen over? Let's all wait and see shall we?

4. SEANVALEN

SEANVALEN Active Member

Times have changed, there was a time when the first Evil Dead was banned in the UK for a while, obviously gore and blood was being kept policed after a while, but with horror this decade, the Saw films going all out to get under your skin, R rated gore is all there now, Evil Dead can be whatever it needs to be. One of the reason the fanchise went less hardcore blood was bascially the industry went too soft, but it's now it's back to taking risks again, thanks to the saw films and dawn of the dead remake success, and this new horror success period.

5. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Evil Dead 4...bring it!

6. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

7. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

8. Workshed

Workshed A Barge Person

I want to believe, but:

that doesn't sound like Bruce Campbell.

9. Damage

Damage Mirror Mirror

Does anyone else giggle like a schoolgirl in excitement at the thought of a Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash movie?? It'll never happen but if the right people got involved with the right direction in mind, it could be the most fun horror fans have had in years. If only...

10. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

I keep trying to picture Bruce saying the word "dawg". It just isn't working.

11. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

I can almost hear it, but it is a reach.
    When I met him at a signing I said something like "you're the man" which he quickly reveresed to "no, you the man". Not really the same, but not entirely different. I could see him digging out a "dawg" depending on mood and shit he's recently seen.

I still refuse to believe. I could be sitting in a fucking theater with a ticket I bought for ED4 and won't believe it until the film rolls at this point!

12. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

not me, man. after recently watching the friday and nightmare series over again, reading crystal lake memories, and watching never sleep again, i'm fairly convinced that as much as i hate the final product, there was never any possibility of a Freddy vs. Jason film being even remotely good. As an idea, it was never going to work. i think the same goes even more so when you try to add Ash into the mix. I can't imagine a single way in which this could be a good movie.

13. Workshed

Workshed A Barge Person

even the FvJvA comic was bad. It's a fun idea but I don't think it works when you try to put it on paper.

"And then Ash says a one-liner, and then Freddy says a one-liner, and then Jason is silent! Explosions!"

14. soxfan666

soxfan666 Well-Known Member

I wish Sam were to direct

15. DeathDealer

DeathDealer I Inhale Horror

ED4 = Great news after such a long and teasing hiatus. Remake = Unnecessary.

16. SaxCatz

SaxCatz New Member

Why all the negative comments about a possible remake?
    While I am not a big proponent of remakes & by no means think that a masterpiece such as Evil Dead should be remade, lets admit that the film has ALREADY been remade twice in the introductions to both Evil Dead 2 & Army of Darkness. Undoubtedly, a third sequel would result in a third remake. The only question is whether the remake comprises the entire film or just the introduction.

17. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

Given that the Evil Dead revolves around The Necronomicon I see no reason to do a straight remake. Put the book in a different scenario (a library or museum perhaps?) and feature different characters and the end result is going to be more or less the same: The deadites come back, possess each character one by one and then proceed to fuck with the last remaining survivor. It would serve to be both a sequel AND a reboot. Is there any real reason to name that person "Ash"? Not really, because we all know that Bruce Campbell is Ash. Accept no substitutes.

18. Chunkblower

Chunkblower Member

Sequel or remake, not looking forward to it either way.

19. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

I like the museum/library idea.
    Maybe the damn book has become indestructable, and Ash (as in Bruce) want´s to keep an eye on it working as a guard (Dick Miller cameo style). Of course some kids break in during Ash´s coffie break, and accidentally unleases hell. And in the last 15-20 minutes Ash would pop up a bit drunk and pissed off, and kick some demon ass, old school style, and saves the day, again. ...or something like that ;)

20. Mikey Horror

Mikey Horror Active Member

I'd be all over an Evil Dead 4 with Bruce, but a remake? Jesus Christ, enough already! Hasn't it been done already? Evil Dead II is basically a remake of the first one anyway. No Bruce, no sale. Pass. I have no idea where their going with this. I'm hoping that Raimi isn't stupid enough to think that anyone would accept someone other than Bruce portraying Ash and if you're going in a new direction with a new main character, then don't call it Evil Dead, cause at that point, it isn't. The Evil Dead films are about Ash and Bruce Campbell as Ash. Anything but is NOT an Evil Dead film. What is so hard about making a fourth one? Anyone who would pay to see a remake would just as easily pay to see a fouth film in the series. They're both the same audience. Guess we just have to wait and see how Raimi intends to pull this one off.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2011