Drive-in that shown "Eyes of a Stranger"!!

Discussion in 'General' started by ronnie21, Aug 7, 2016.

1. ronnie21

ronnie21 Well-Known Member

Here's a Delaware drive-in that shown "Eyes of a Stanger" on a double bill with "The Exterminator" In august of 1981. The drive-in closed in Summer of 87. but in the late 70's and early 80's shown every teen sex comedy and trashy horror movie you can think of.. Here's the drive less than a year after it's closing. and the eyes of a stranger ad..
    http://cinematreasures.org/theaters/29096

sorry. couldn't upload the picture. but heres the site on the drive with all the info you need.. I posted most of the photos..

m@ggot and Anthropophagus like this.
  2. Anthropophagus

Anthropophagus Well-Known Member

3. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

Cool, I really miss drive-in "Dusk Till Dawn " shows. Movies ran from just after dark until first light. Great fun !

4. ronnie21

ronnie21 Well-Known Member

wow, not sure if this one did that..

5. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    Awesome. Sadly, Eyes of a Stranger never played to our local theaters. I remember waiting for that one after seeing the Ebert/Siskel review on Sneak Previews. We also never got The Prowler or Madman.

6. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

From what I recall , EYES OF A STRANGER had a good opening but was immediately caught up in the media controversy about slasher films supposedly promoting violence. Warners , fearing bad press, pulled the film out of most U.S. theaters. Incidentally, the film was originally an independent. When it went into production it had no distributor and the killer in the script was a strangler, not a slasher. About a week into production Warner Brothers bought the distribution rights but demanded that the script be rewritten to make the killer a slasher. They also hired Tom Savini to do the effects. Despite the changes (some already filmed murder scenes had to be reshot), I still think the film is one of the better written slashers of that era.