Don't Breathe Sam Raimi produced Ghost House Underground trailer

Discussion in 'General' started by fceurich39, May 13, 2016.

1. Workshed

Workshed A Barge Person

Watched this on a plane last weekend and had a helluva good time. I enjoyed the unsettling feeling of first rooting both for and against the leads--and how the 'victim' had plenty to reveal, in terms of his own motivations. The final scene was not as dramatic as I think the filmmakers hoped to design, but the rest of the film was quite a rush. I had such a good time, my seat-mate asked me what I watched, because I was cracking up and so focused on it that i missed the food cart the first time through.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
    Harry Warden likes this.
  2. Harry Warden

Harry Warden Well-Known Member

Wow...I can't believe they played this on a flight. Amazing. Usually all they have are stupid fucking comedies that are funny. The last time I flew, they played Firehouse Dog...ZZZZZZZ! I really enjoyed this film too.

3. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

I finally got around to watching this and add me to those that really enjoyed it. I did like the fact that you aren't sure who to root for especially as the movie goes on. I think I had some conflicting feelings on almost every character in this movie at some point.

Harry Warden likes this.
  4. Harry Warden

Harry Warden Well-Known Member

Yeah, I like it because all of the characters are flawed. The old man is just as fucked up, but you just don't know that right away.

5. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

Amazon has the blu-ray for $9.99.

6. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

You can also grab it in store at Target and Best Buy for the same price.

7. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

I enjoyed this one quite a bit, and that's a surprise since I'm really not into the whole "home invasion" subgenre (with the exception of the Spanish 2010 film Kidnapped, which I highly recommend). Movies like The Purge and You're Next had me yawning and checking my watch the entire time. Wes Craven and Sam Peckinpah pretty much said all there was to say about it in Last House on the Left and Straw Dogs. But this one kept my interest even though it felt a lot longer than its 88 minute running time. I liked the idea of unlikable protagonists, as it has you going back and forth between whose side you're on (I liked Attack the Block too, another polarizing film where the supposed "heroes" are total scumbags). Many of the set pieces in Don't Breathe are exceptionally suspenseful. While I never did anything as scummy as robbing a blind man, I'll admit to some mischief in my teen days and the fear of getting caught is one of the most intense emotions you can experience. This film really captured that.

I'm guessing it wouldn't work as well on repeated viewings, but I'm glad I saw it. Not sure if it would have been even more intense in the theater with an audience, but watching it alone really worked.

Workshed and othervoice1 like this.
  8. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

I just watched this and while it's good as a thriller or suspense type movie. I'm not sure it is a good horror movie. In fact, the movie has Hitchcock style credits at the end.

Also, like someone else posted the opening scene kind of spoils some of the movie. Or at least you know what to expect while you are watching. Which isn't a good thing.

At first, I did think the movie was going to suck. I hated the characters. But the actress that was in the Evil Dead remake does a good job here as well. I think the movie plays with your feelings by showing various poor motivations. Robbing a blind man is so low on the scale of things a person should never do. It's reserved for human garbage. Like people that prey on the sick and old. But then the twists happen and they are crazy. It's those twists and I guess you could say the skills of the blind man which start to make the movie good.

othervoice1 and Zombie Dude like this.
  9. CPT HOOK

Filming on Don't Breathe 2 has wrapped in Belgrade. Stephen Lang returning. Directing debut of Rodo Sayagues, who was Fede's co-writer on Evil Dead and Don't Breathe. Fede is also returning as co-writer.

10. ImmortalSlasher

I don't know how much I need to see a sequel. I think I remember the ending opening up the possibility of a sequel.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  11. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I don't remember much of it at all apart from thinking it was overrated. Might give it another chance during October. Atm I don't really care about a sequel.

12. CPT HOOK

In theaters August 13th, 2021.

13. CPT HOOK

14. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

I'll see it

15. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Yeah looks pretty decent. Colour timing reminds me of the F13th remake. I enjoyed the first film when I re-watched it and this looks just as good if not better.

16. ImmortalSlasher

Watched the trailer for this one. I'll pass. I remember one of the shocking scenes of the original. Looks like the blind guy got his wish. But still whoever the guy is. Picking on a blind guy is still reserved for the lower parts of humanity. Not really interested in the story of this one.

17. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

I've not watched the trailer and I don't intend to. I enjoyed the first move so I'm up for a sequel/prequel or whatever it is.

18. CPT HOOK

Sounds like Don't Breathe 2 will be available on VOD starting tomorrow, just three weeks after it hit theaters.

Steel76 likes this.
  19. CPT HOOK

Rented the sequel last night. I was a little worried this would feel like a rushed direct-to-video sequel, but I actually think I liked it more than the first movie. Everyone in the first movie is despicable so there is no one to root for, but here we at least have a sympathetic character in the little girl. It doesn't take long to get moving, as the entire first hour is a cat-and-mouse stalking set-piece through the house. From there, it goes somewhere a little different and out-there, but manages to stay fairly taut and entertaining throughout. I don't think it's a great film or anything, but it's a solid popcorn B-movie thriller. Also, for the gorehounds, this one is much gorier than the first.

It reminded me quite a bit of the recent SHUDDER movie The Boy Behind The Door, as a majority of the film is a child character being stalked through a house by bad guys. Both recommended.

hots4, fceurich39 and Natas like this.
  20. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Watched it tonight, it was fun. It's a totally unnecessary sequel but at least they did something interesting with it and their felt like a conclusion to the story.

Well until the totally unnecessary additional scene in the credits, I hope they ignore it and leave as is. Not gonna lie it tarnished my experience a little.