Don't Breathe Sam Raimi produced Ghost House Underground trailer

Discussion in 'General' started by fceurich39, May 13, 2016.

1. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

There's no disagreement, I'm with you 100...... my only point is it didn't make them a scumbag for life. I've never been addicted to anything harder than cocacola (fiend btw) and I'm betting you're the same......so it's tough to relate I guess, it's just the cliche "desperate times call for desperate measures"

Zombie Dude likes this.
  2. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

As far as theatrical horror is concerned, it's tough to beat Don't Breathe over the last few years......Pretty fuckin cool flick

3. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

It's pretty rad.

4. Anthropophagus

Anthropophagus Well-Known Member

Watched 'Don't Breathe' twice and enjoyed it immensely the first time around and not so much the second.
    I have a hard time considering this horror, there is ample violence and tension, but back in the day this would have fallen into the category of 'suspense' or 'thriller' I think.
    It's well acted and has an incredible pace to it. I also enjoyed the decrepit sense of the neighborhood and the house where the action takes place.
    The second viewing just lost much of the excitement factor when I knew what to expect, it was the same experience with 'It Follows'.
    Definitely a solid film worth a watch with a brisk and at times breakneck pace, just not something I'd re-visit repeatedly.

5. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

Wow. A criminal apologist. Ain't that just spiffy.

6. MisterTwister

Nata backed me up (and said it a helluva lot better) but I see that you failed to attack him. Now that's SPIFFY!

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  7. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

8. maybrick

You were the first to be the apologist. Didn't really read further than that. You accuse us of being pampered, but clearly you have never been the victim of a B&E. I have. Maybe once you get a large portion of your DVD collection and other belongings stolen you'll understand. I don't give a shit if these people aren't "total" scumbags. 50% scumbag is bad enough.

9. Dobby

Dobby Banned Mofo

[​IMG]

Zombie Dude likes this.
  10. maybrick

At least natas didn't accuse people that disagreed with him of being pampered and privileged while making his point. But congrats on being the most morally superior person in this conversation! Here's your [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
  11. MisterTwister

Thank you.

And here's yours

[​IMG]

Now please don't get me anything else. Also polish this once a week. Pics once you got it in your trophy case.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
  12. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

I've also been a victim of burglary. My wife lost most of her jewelry including items that couldn't be replaced that her mother and grandmother had owned. I don't care what the reasons were for the people responsible. If I could I would hunt them down and kill the scumbags.

13. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

That's awful. I'm sorry for your experience. That must be incredibly unnerving. Part of the appeal of horror films is belief needs to be suspended or you probably would never find yourself in such a predicament to begin with. Armed robbery must be absolutely terrifying.

I just finished watching the film and I did find it to be impressive. All suspense and no horror. I absolutely loved the "You're useless out here" scene. It is depressing to watch a film without a true protagonist, but it still worked for me.

14. MisterTwister

Sorry to hear but hunting them and killing them (a more extreme crime than burglary) is a little ott. I'm sure they were eventually punished. Karma yo.

Was it armed robbery?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
  15. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Ok just saw this last night and I was really disappointed. It had a good concept & was well shot / directed, the acting etc... but what a sad waste of time given the absurd events in the film. Boy was this an :rolleyes: film. I have to think way back to find a movie with that many "oh yeah, like that would happen" moments. This film takes the trophy. There was so may times I lost count, that the blind man performed "tasks" that needed explaining. Way too numerous to list them all here. Put it this way, I can accept Jason coming back to life a hundred times, or walking slowly then magically appearing/finding his victims more then any scene in this movie. There was no continuity in this film. One minute the blind guy can't even tell someone is standing right next to him to the next minute he's a Jedi master. Seriously? Looks like someone saw the Collector & wanted to try and top it and failed miserably. If they didn't try so hard they would have succeeded.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
    Zombie Dude likes this.
  16. Zombie Dude

I had similar feelings. Like when he's beat with a crowbar and somehow is ok after that. A real :rolleyes: moment for sure.

baggio likes this.
  17. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

How about the basement scenes? First off , a basement that appears to be 5 times larger than the foundation the house sits on. And without giving away spoilers, the basement "scenes" . I assume they thought the audience would buy anything. I can't even believe there's going to be a sequel.
    yeah, why would the police not look around the ENTIRE house, after a robbery/double manslaughter case.

The only thing believable in the movie is that a blind guy would have enough time on his hands to stock a refrigerator with .... :p

Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
    Zombie Dude likes this.
  18. Zombie Dude

I must say, there were definitely times I had to remind myself they were in someone's home. It was definitely larger than it looks. I also had no idea they were making a sequel to this...Why? I'd much rather an Evil Dead follow up than a sequel to this. It really did nothing for me.

19. MisterTwister

I can buy anything with a movie, because well, it's a frickin' movie. If I want realism I'd go and rob maybrick or someone.

20. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Just saw the movie Intruders (2015) on cable. Had zero clue what the film was about, just flipping around and stopped upon the synopsis in the guide. Woman with agoraphobia is a victim of a home invasion of three men. I enjoyed this movie more than Don't Breathe. And yes, just like the Collector, apparently Don't Breathe stole from this movie too. I really, really hate the phrase "this movie has a twist" & can't understand why you can't just say it's a mystery movie or something else. I'll go out on a limb a say The Sixth Sense started this fad. Back to Intruders, are there things that will have you questioning?, sure almost every movie does. But nowhere near the absurdly as Don't Breathe. At least here, it's plausible imho. I was not familiar with any of the actors except Rory Culkin. They all did a really good job imo. I can only imagine if this film had more well know actors and a bigger budget it would have been on more peoples radar. On Rotten Tomatoes it only got a 47% from 19 critics. So about half liked it. Even the ones that didn't give it good reviews didn't trash it & gave props to the concept and acting.

Anyway just see Intruders(2015), it's a decent movie with an interesting story. Don't watch the trailers they totally ruin the plot, just see the movie like I did. It's a harmless 1:30 minutes.

P.S. - Not to get confusing but there is a another movie called "The Intruders (2015)" The one I'm talking about is just simply Intruders(2015)(directed by Adam Schindler) it was originally called "Shut In". Even crazier there is a Intruders(2011) and Intruder(2016) :p

***Again Don't watch the trailers!

Last edited: Dec 27, 2016