Dexter Favorite Season

Discussion in 'General' started by othervoice1, Feb 11, 2011.

?

Favorite Season of Dexter?

1. Season 1

12.0%
  2. Season 2

16.0%
  3. Season 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Season 4

60.0%
  5. Season 5

2.0%
  6. I haven't seen Dexter

8.0%
  7. I have seen Dexter but didn't like it

2.0%
  1. Anaestheus

Anaestheus Well-Known Member

I'll second this opinion. Some of my friends were huge fans during the first season and I caught a bit of an episode while I was hanging out with them. To me, it was one of the most mundane and boring things I had seen on TV. But, my friends were going nuts over it. After finally settling down and watching season 1 from the beginning, I came to that same scene and realized just how much was really going on and was now just as crazy about it as my friends were. For those who've seen Season 1, it was the scene where they are cleaning Dexter's father's house and listening to records. One of the strengths of the show really is its ability to take mundane little interactions and pack them full of tension and/or humor because of the history leading to those little moments. The AA meetings in season 2 are actually pretty brilliant when you know all the things that lead up to them.

2. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Showtime just belatedly greenlit another season of Dexter. Michael C Hall returning for 10 episodes sometime in 2021.

Copyboy and sinister like this.
  3. Copyboy

Copyboy Well-Known Member

God, please let them pull a Bobby Ewing and redo Season 8 so this show can get a proper sendoff. The series finale was an embarrassing letdown.

sade likes this.
  4. Colin

Colin Well-Known Member

Teaser for the revival coming this fall.

5. CPT HOOK

New season premieres tonight.

6. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

I have always kept up to date on this.

First episode of Dexter: New Blood was fine. The teaser hints at much cooler things to come. Not sure any of the new cast really appealed to me, but the supporting players (beyond the villains) were never a big part of this show for me.

7. CPT HOOK

Anyone here watching Dexter: New Blood?

With the finale coming next weekend, I finally started. Just finished episode 4. Really enjoying it so far. The small town winter / Christmas atmosphere is a nice change of pace from Miami.

Steel76 likes this.
  8. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I like the show. To me, better than the last couple of seasons of the original show.
    I fear what may happen in the final episode, as I want a second season of New Blood.
    Michael C. Hall won't say if there will be another one, just a "maybe".

CPT HOOK likes this.
  9. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

I feel your fear and after watching the next to last ep last night, think this might just wrap up the story completely, one way or another.
    It has been awesome seeing Clancy Brown having a career resurrection though. Maybe resurrection is too strong a term, but he killed in this and Mortuary Collection.
    While parts of this season have felt a bit corny, and most things have been highly predicable, I've enjoyed it more than the final season of the first run. Damn shame they couldn't get
    Remar back, it would have been a hoot seeing him and Deb together in Dexter's head.

satans-sadists and Steel76 like this.
  10. Steel76

Well...

I didn't like how this ended...
    I had hoped that we would get another season with Dexter and Harrison, doing vigilante stuff, before the end.
    When they talked about going to L.A., I got excited about them continuing the show there. But nope...
    I enjoyed New Blood, but this final episode felt like a kick in the nuts, even though I feared that he would die.

Maybe they will spin-off from this, with Harrison in the lead, and Dexter showing up in his head?

And what about Batista?
    I was kinda looking forward to seeing them in the same scene.
    They could at least have given us a scene, with him seeing the dead body of Dexter, in the morgue, as closure.

11. CPT HOOK

I liked the ending, even though I was hoping Angela would find out what he did to Kurt and let him off the hook, on account of her knowing Kurt killed Ivy and got away with it.

As much as I'd have loved a few more seasons, I hope this is the end and we don't get a "Harrison" season or anything like that. The show is called Dexter and it should end here with him.

12. Steel76

Yeah, that's exactly what I was hoping for as well. And if Dexter didn't kill Logan and escaped, I could have been the outcome.

13. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

The first 4 seasons of the original Dexter series were just about perfect. Season 4 (Trinity Killer) and Season 2 (Bay Harbor Butcher case) were my favorite. Season 8 was a pretty fucking terrible final season (even worse than the previous season) with an ending that failed in every respect.

As for Dexter: New Blood -
    Huge improvement over Season 8 and thank goodness Dexter is no longer a lumberjack in the Pacific Northwest (as we last saw him). Didn't like the ending this time either, but it works far better than the ridiculousness of Dexter surviving a Miami hurricane in his little boat. Not surprising that the Dexter & Harrison relationship was the focus in New Blood. The 22 year old actor playing 15 year old Harrison wasn't bad, but just not enough of a draw if the series chooses to continue. Captain Batista was wasted in this miniseries if you ask me. Police chief Angela meeting up with him was a game changer, but what a missed opportunity! A reunion between Batista and Dexter would have been a priceless moment.

Clancy Brown was probably the best serial killer nemesis that Dexter has faced since the Trinity Killer (Lithgow). One other random thought. Kinda strange that a small-town police chief never did any kind of background check on her boyfriend.

14. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

Harrison was an angry kid and completely messed up, but he was never going to become a serial killer. I think that that is what most people missed. Exhibit A: when Dexter was a child he killed several dogs in his neighborhood, a true sign of a serial killer. What did Harrison do as a kid? He had a pet goat named Vincent Van Goat that he loved. Every step along the way to try to get us to think he had potential to be like Dexter was a red herring. Even slashing and framing his bullied friend. It wasn’t even a frame job per se. The kid really did make up a kill list and try to get Harrison in on it. He didn’t forge his handwriting or anything. So yeah, a little bit weird and extreme way to handle the situation? Yes. But ultimately Harrison likely did save the school from a potential threat. The twerp wasn’t exactly innocent. Plus, he clearly cared for his girlfriend and coach. And when he was in the kill room he wasn’t aroused by the act of murder, he was repulsed and had to leave. So no, I don’t believe for a second that them going to LA to kill was ever going to happen. Harrison ultimately would have cracked and turned him in anyways.