Crystal Lake Memories: The Complete History of Friday The 13th 08/27/13

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by Marv Inc., May 15, 2013.

1. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

I had to pay FL tax but got free shipping. Don't know why he had to pay that much for shipping...

2. Stige

Stige Well-Known Member

I paid ten bucks to Norway... so seems strange it would cost the same to the US

3. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

I didn't mean to defend him with regards to HNWJ, only H6.

4. Bluenoser

Bluenoser New Member

I just ordered... paid $7 for shipping to Nova Scotia.

5. deepred

deepred Member

It appears from my paypal invoice that I was automatically charged $10 for international shipping even though I live in the US. I sent them an e-mail at both orders@elmstreetlegacy.com and orders@crystallakememories.net. I haven't heard anything back yet but the e-mail to orders@crystallakememories.net was kicked back as their mailbox is full.

6. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

It is about time for them to start shipping this... :mad:

7. deepred

deepred Member

I got an e-mail back regarding my e-mail to elmstreetlegacy.com stating there is a delay in getting it to that mailbox. They need to clear out some of their e-mail! Geez. How am I suppose to get this resolved? I tried calling the number on the paypal receipt and I was dumped into a vm.

Don't like when companies make it a hassle to get in contact with them.

8. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

they have a facebook page. try messaging them through that...

9. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

I know. But can you confirm whose idea the niece-fucking was? I know it sounds like patent Rob Zombie but (maybe 5 years too early) there is a deep-seeded pattern of bad ideas in this movie. As in, from the very beginning. The studio is likely to get more shit than they deserve because of some famous behind-the-scenes crap stories and while there's no excuse for their treatment of Danielle Harris, there's also no reason to believe Barry Simms was their idea (not saying it wasn't, just that it would take a little more than seeing Dimension-Miramax as hackers). Or half the other origin ideas that are so thoroughly mocked today.

The good news is that the sting of watching Halloween 6 goes away. It's almost enjoyable today. In fact, I like the last 20 or so minutes. The franchise may have deserved better but not based on any evidence gleenable from Curse of Michael Myers. The best it ever was after the original was when they threw out Michael's story entirely.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  10. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure the niece-fucking was his. like i said, his version would probably still have been lousy, but he comes off pretty well in the commentary. He keeps mentioning ways he had tied his film in with the rest of the series, through references, and characters, and plot developments, etc, and how the director and Dimension kept scrapping them for no apparent reason. It's interesting stuff.

11. thing

thing Well-Known Member

I enjoy both versions of Halloween 6, but the alternate cut works better for the series continuity. I hope it gets a proper release one day. Scream factory maybe?

Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  12. deepred

deepred Member

Tried that too. It really shouldn't be this hard to get in contact with someone to refund me the $10 that was charged in error.

If they can't keep up with their messages on their website to the point that they can no longer receive messages - I doubt they can keep up with all their FB messages.

I finally got through to the number on the paypal receipt and they said they had no idea why their number was on there as they are just the people distributing the disc. He advised for me to try e-mailing the e-mail address on the receipt and I told him that their e-mail was shooting e-mails back. He said he would have my information forwarded over to the appropriate person.

I know they are a small, independent company but really, this is just sloppy.

13. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

By the looks of it, they produce excellent documentaries but are shit when it comes to customer service.

14. 17thJuggalo

17thJuggalo Active Member

Is this supposed to ship on the 13th or our pre-orders supposed to arrive on the 13th? Kinda odd since most releases go out on Tuesdays.

15. deepred

deepred Member

This is what their FB states:

They did contact me last night via facebook and refunded me the extra $10 that was charged in error.

16. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

By the looks it, and based on some previous posts, is seems they cannot handle so much orders.

I really don´t know when they plan on dispatching this but the funny thing is that they have no excuse for the supposed problem as this release was postponed for 2 weeks.

Their site still has the counter but my guess is that nobody´s bad luck will begin in the date they advertise.

17. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

My Dark Delicacies pre-order has billed today...so they should be shipping theirs out on or after the 13th. It went through for only $36.99, so they charge $6 less than the US shipping that was originally quoted on the orders.

I actually had to call their toll-free # and change my credit card, since the one I'd put it on originally had to be cancelled. But Dark Delicacies are cool, no problems.

18. Mr.G

Mr.G Member

Bummer. I wanted to sit and watch it tomorrow night. It will still be good but getting to watch the F13 documentary on F13 would have been awesome. No way I can wait until December rolls around!

19. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Good thing there are way more Friday The 13th films in existence than I could get through in a single day. I can probably only do two or three a day. The documentary can wait until next week.

I did get started last night and watched the original film on blu-ray (Paramount release, I'm not buying the boxset).

Does anyone know if they got Barry and Claudette to contribute to the documentary? I've heard updates about most of the cast, but I don't think I've heard much about them. I read that Willie Adams died in a car accident a few years after Friday The 13th, but then I also read he contributed to the documentary Going To Pieces in 2006. I've seen Going To Pieces, but it has been a long time and I don't remember them in it.

20. Demoni

Demoni Active Member