Cooties (2015)

Discussion in 'General' started by Workshed, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Workshed

Workshed A Barge Person

Trailer:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Release: 10/10/15

A movie about fourth graders going crazy gets an "R" rating? That means there's gonna be some kid carnage! Love it when horror films do not "protect" children and the trailer certainly suggests that everyone is fair game.

2. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

The poster with the lollipop is terrible.

3. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I didn't think it's terrible, it just doesn't represent the tone of the film at all. It looks more like an old slasher poster which I like.

This film looks pretty funny. I'll likely be checking this out when it's released. Looks like a fun time :)

4. chancetx

chancetx Well-Known Member

I love the lollipop poster. Reminds me of horror novel covers from the 70s and early 80s - specifically this one which I remember my mom reading back in the day:

[​IMG]

Zombie Dude likes this.
  5. shift

shift Hot as shit!

Never-ever take candy from a baby or child..... or you may get the COOTIES!!

6. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Just saw this. It was a lot of fun. The dialog was funny with the teachers. Pretty dam funny I might add. If you're not laughing in the scene, "dual rear wheel" then there's no hope for ya. :D
    Rainn Wilson was really good & Jack Mcbrayer has some hilarious line deliveries. The stuff the kids were saying & doing was also very Rated R and there was no hold back in killing the kids by the adults. Trust me, they could have gone the PG-13 route if they wanted to, and I believe it would have still worked. But they didn't. Lastly, I want to point out if it wasn't already obvious, Elijah Wood is a dam fine actor. He puts his all in to any film regardless of how out there it is, as on display in this case.

My only complaint, it was just a shade under 1:30. It had an abrupt ending imo. It wasn't a bad ending, like it didn't make sense. It just had an ending, that made you go, errr ... that's it? Where's the rest of the film. Definitely could have went further. Part 2 I'm assuming is in the future maybe?

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
    Zombie Dude likes this.
  7. Zombie Dude

Man, I've been hearing pretty positive things about Cooties but I can't seem to find any indication of it coming to cinemas in Australia. Sucks about the ending too. A YouTube review I watched mentioned the same thing about it just ending and that it could have been longer, especially as it was so enjoyable.

8. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Exactly. Not like the movie had a slow start(which it didn't), but it had a can't wait until next weeks episode vibe going when it ended.

But that's good to hear (or not good depending on how you look at it) about the ending. I thought maybe it was just me asking too much of the film, ya know? Either way I still like it a lot. Maybe the buzz and the want for more will influence the makers to film a sequel.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  9. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I rented it a few weeks back when it was first released (same weekend as Hellions and Some Kind Of Hate). I found it enjoyable, but with the premise and the cast they had involved, it should have been a lot better than it was. The humor was very hit-or-miss, and it played things a little too safe. I never really felt like any of the main characters were in any danger or could die. It seemed just content to coast on a cute little premise instead of actually doing anything with it.

I don't regret watching though. I do maybe regret the $7 rental fee when it is coming to blu-ray so quickly. The blu-ray is being released on December 1st. They got me with Some Kind Of Hate and A Christmas Horror Story as well. :(

10. Zombie Dude

Watched this last week and found it enjoyable and a lot gorier than expected. The humour was pretty over the top but thankfully the characters were fun. The way they end it is abrupt but I was honestly thinking it was going to end sooner than it did.

11. Workshed

Workshed A Barge Person

I really enjoyed the kids as villains--and the no-flinching response from the adults. It was refreshing to see kids as credible monsters and for them to be treated as such. The gore was fun but sometimes strayed too far into CGI--the blood splatter, for example. This was a great late-night movie with plenty of cheese and laughs.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  12. Wernski

Wernski Member

My hopes were probably too high for this one, but it was just too juvenile (multiple diarrhea jokes, corny gay jokes, etc) for my tastes. Good concept and the film looked good, but ultimately it didn't do it for me.