Comment on the Track the Films You Watch Thread: 2006

Discussion in 'General' started by rhett, Jan 12, 2006.

1. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

Basic Instinct 2: Unrated Extended Cut

I've expected the worst and got the most boring movie of 2006. There's sex but the sex was blah, people get killed but the murders were blah. There's Sharon but Sharon seemed bored. A few unintentional funny laughs when Sharon masturbates at 110 MPH and flies with her car in a river.
    And I thought she was suppose to be the smart one.
    No excitement, no thrills, no nothing. A classic turkey and razzie award contender with an unspectacular
    twist ending
    that leaves the door wide open for another sequel, which I hope won't happen.

2. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Had a nice spot on the top of page 3, now I'm on the bottom of page 2.:(

Slackers must not be keeping up.:)

3. life_o_petey

life_o_petey Guest

i'm proud of myself for keeping up this year. last year i think i gave up around june. i almost gave up in july this time, but Masters of the Universe brought the love back.

4. tobaccoman

tobaccoman White, Proud, and Stupid

I fell off track in September last year due to a three week vacation, but I've managed to keep it up this year although there have been a few times where I've had to fill it in for about a week and try to remember what I all watched and on what day and the like.

5. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Truth! That movie put me to sleep numerous times!

By-the-way, nice avatar Yottnik! "Baahhhhhh! He's stressin' me, Julie! He's STRESSIN' me!"

6. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

MorallySound: I noticed you started watching those Toxie Triple Sets? I would love to hear your opinion on those if possible :)

7. Numania

Numania Guest

I write down what I watch and post it later in spurts. This is my first year trying, so I want to keep up.

8. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Avoid the first set. Deadly Daphne's Revenge sucked hard. Demented Death Farm Massacre sucked hard. And Curse of the Cannibal Confederates sucked hard.

Onto Volume Two:
    Chillers is awesome. I used to have it on VHS. I really enjoyed it. It's kinda like an indie version of Creepshow.
    Beyond Evil was average. Decent plot, just really cheesy.
    Evil Clutch has absolutley no coherent story, but some kick ass gore and effects, but was pretty boring and pointless.

Have to get the other sets eventually.

9. tobaccoman

tobaccoman White, Proud, and Stupid

I rented the film Buddy Boy due to a couple of good reviews from people here on this site (and it was only 87 cents for 7 days) and you guys weren't kidding. Excellent movie, gritty, grimy, pschologically damaging thriller. It definitely makes you agitated, but that is definitely the intent to make you feel as if the world is crumbling apart around you. 10/10 and I definitely urge those who haven't already to make a point to check it out. Just don't expect a fun film.

10. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

:eek1: :eek1:

11. mutleyhyde

mutleyhyde Fuck it.

Just noticed this while updating my own post...

What?? :fire:

12. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Eh, it was okay. Some scenes I really dug, others that nearly bored me to tears. I gave a similar rating to Rashomon, though I liked that one a little bit better. Guess I'm not much of a Kurosawa fan. :(

13. life_o_petey

life_o_petey Guest

for shame RyanPC...for shame.

14. mutleyhyde

mutleyhyde Fuck it.

You bastard!! ;)

15. Luna

Luna Guest

:lol: Poor Ryan's getting it all around. I pointed out the clear error in his star rating elsewhere, as did others.

16. DrHerbertWest

DrHerbertWest For Your Health

I watched Colt. 38 Special Squad last night and, much like The Big Racket, I was blown away. These days with everything being a remake or unoriginal, something like this was refreshing. Amen to NoShame for putting this film out.

17. Cantona07

Cantona07 New Member

Halloween 4 Limited Edition Tin

Halloween 6

Halloween H20

Halloween Resurrection

18. DrHerbertWest

DrHerbertWest For Your Health

Tonight I have officially become a champion for Joseph Gordon-Levitt. I always found him annoying on Third Rock From The Sun (and of course, he had a cameo in a Halloween movie - two brownie points!!) However, after watching two of his latest efforts, I am literally stunned.

The first one I watched was Brick. An amazing neo-noir film with rapid dialogue and quick thinking plotlines. I had to put the subtitles on because of all the slang and references that my ears couldn't immediately pick up. As an example, the "cops" are referred to as "bulls." However, I haven't been that engaged in an American film for a very long time. Levitt's performance is outstanding, as are the performances by Noah Fleiss (as 'Tug', a local bully and enforcer for - yes - a mob boss under the age of 25) and Lukas Haas as 'The Pin.' You can guess what that means.

Next up was Mysterious Skin. This is the most shocking, disturbing, engaging film I have ever seen. Period. Levitt's character as Neil, (and I'm not spoiling anything - It's basically shown within the first 15 minutes) a molested youth allows him to grow from being a victim to being the one in control, back to being the victim. Brady Corbet turns in an equally astounding performance as Brian, a kid who swears he was abducted by aliens until the truth unravels and both characters meet.

I'd like to go on, and on, and on, about both of these films but words can't do them justice. To know that JGL is only three years older than me is amazing, partly because of his talent and partly because of his choice of roles. If you have a chance to see either film, I highly recommend both. Just don't rent Mysterious Skin if you shudder easily.

19. YottNik

YottNik Pay the price!

I'll second the recommendation for Brick. Great surprise film, really enjoyed it.

20. onebyone

onebyone Guest

I didn't think Brick was as good as I had been told it was, but since I had been told it was one of the best movies ever, that's no big surprise. I still enjoyed it - mainly due to the actors. It reminded me a bit of some of the more depressing episodes of Veronica Mars, and that's always a good thing.

And fine, I'll rent Mysterious Skin. You sold me. If I hate it though, I will come back here and yell at you.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2006